New Years Eve

YLTraveler

We are on the Reflection on the New Year Eve cruise.  A question for those that have previously celebrated New Years Eve on a Celebrity ship.  Celebrity has basically done away with formal night replacing those nights with chic nights.  Do some people dress formally (i.e., tux/suit, etc) on New Years Eve or do they normally follow chic night standards.  My suspicions is that you will see variety of outfits, but would a person be out of place if they opted to dress more formally?  .  

It's an Evening Chic night but there will be many dressed up "formal" . I've been on at NYE for 5 of the past 6 years and I always wear a tux and I'm not alone. I just looked at some videos from last year on the pool deck at midnight and at least half are in what I'd consider formal (gowns, suit/tux) and the other half is more evening chic. I'd say about 1/3 of men are in tuxes and another 1/3 in suits. Contrast that with a Bermuda cruise I just had this summer where I saw no tuxes and maybe 1/4 of men were in suits. 

4 hours ago, YLTraveler said:

We are on the Reflection on the New Year Eve cruise.  A question for those that have previously celebrated New Years Eve on a Celebrity ship.  Celebrity has basically done away with formal night replacing those nights with chic nights.  Do some people dress formally (i.e., tux/suit, etc) on New Years Eve or do they normally follow chic night standards.  My suspicions is that you will see variety of outfits, but would a person be out of place if they opted to dress more formally?  .  

I agree with @Paulras.  We have celebrated NYE on two Celebrity cruises and will be doing a 3rd one at the end of this year (Solstice).   Evening Chic was the dress for that evening in both instances and you found a variety of different dress for the night.  You would not feel out of place if you dressed more formally.  I dressed in my dark suit for both NYE events.  Here is a video of our Infinity cruise where we rang in 2017 as we were closing in on Cape Horn: link

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I agree with @Paulras.  We have celebrated NYE on two Celebrity cruises and will be doing a 3rd one at the end of this year (Solstice).   Evening Chic was the dress for that evening in both instances and you found a variety of different dress for the night.  You would not feel out of place if you dressed more formally.  I dressed in my dark suit for both NYE events.  Here is a video of our Infinity cruise where we rang in 2017 as we were closing in on Cape Horn: link

Your video has made me so excited for NYE on the Solstice this year! We will be dressing up regardless of the dress code for that evening. I think a lot of people will do the same. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mum81 said:

Your video has made me so excited for NYE on the Solstice this year! We will be dressing up regardless of the dress code for that evening. I think a lot of people will do the same. 

Hopefully it well be warm enough that we can celebrate it on the pool deck where there is more space!

We were able to do just that during our one other NYE aboard Eclipse where we were parked off the island of Aruba to watch their magnificent fireworks display!

D5CD6764-905C-4077-9DFE-38FE13FC0724.jpeg