Holiday Cruise Dining Packages Sold Out?

jasm8449

We have recently booked a holiday cruise for this December 2019.  I wanted to purchase a 3 night specialty dining package for the 5 of us, but the 3 and 4 night packages are sold out.  Are they really sold out, or are they not available at all on a holiday sailing?  The individual specialty restaurant prices are higher than usual (even when it's not Christmas or New Year's Eve), but the package prices are not.  That's why I'm thinking they are not available.  The packages give you the option of adding them to your cart, but when it's time to check out, they are not available.  Is this the norm for holiday cruises?

Hi, we sailed at Christmas last year and there were no dining packages available. This year, we have a New Year’s Eve cruise and I had spotted the trio dining package in my cruise planner. $100 for 2 dinners and a lunch.  I grabbed it immediately. I haven’t seen it again nor any three or four night dining packages, but just check once a week or so during a sale  Good luck!

@jasm8449,

We are booked on the Dec 23 2019 Solstice Holiday sailing and many of the multi-dinner packages are not shown in our Cruise Planner either.  However there is a banner at the top of of our Cruise Planner in the Specialty Dining section that says they are available even though there is nothing for us to click on.  My suggestion is to call and check for availablity.

Specialty Dining.JPG

On our Edge New Years Cruise last year they showed up very early and then again closer to the cruise.  Just keep checking. I checked about every other day. They can come and go quickly on certain cruises.

Mary Ann

Edited by UFMOM

Celebrity does not offer dining packages or discounts on certain holiday cruises.

We sailed on the Reflection last year for Christmas and are booked on it again for this Christmas. If you see the dining trio option, buy it! It's occasionally offered during a sale. It's definitely the best deal you'll get on specialty dining on these cruises.  I'm happy to see that they at least are offering special menus to somewhat justify the crazy price increases. Last year the menus were normal but the prices were increased. It was weird, especially since we did cruises on both Thanksgiving and Christmas, so we had a recent comparison.

On a normal/non-holiday cruise, we typically do specialty dining every night that we aren't in port, so we always buy the packages. For this Christmas cruise, we have the trio package and a reservation at Le Petit Chef, so that will cover 3 nights (we plan to use the package on Lawn Club Grill and Tuscan Grille). We'll do the 5-course menu with wine pairings at Murano if it's available and we're in port late in San Juan, so we'll only have 2 nights in the MDR or pay full price for the Porch and Sushi on Five.