Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
vacation1996

Question for EZ air pros after final payment

Recommended Posts

Made final payment on cruise and air October 7th... not sailing til January 2020  airfare is lower by $100 cdn  can I still re fare or is it too late I read 45 days

 

1st time booking with cruise EZ air thought I would ask the pros ....TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, vacation1996 said:

Made final payment on cruise and air October 7th... not sailing til January 2020  airfare is lower by $100 cdn  can I still re fare or is it too late I read 45 days

 

1st time booking with cruise EZ air thought I would ask the pros ....TIA

You are not refaring your cruise - you are rebooking your air.

 

You can rebook EZAir at the current price anytime up to 45 days prior to departure. Note this is 45 days prior to the air departure - not 45 days prior to the cruise embarkation.

 

If the price is lower, you may need to call Princess (if you booked direct) or your travel agent (if you booked through one) in order to request a refund. If you don't call, it may take some time for Princess to notify your travel agent of the change.

 

If the price is higher (not applicable to OP but possible if you found a better connection), you will need to pay the additional cost immediately. If you booked directly with Princess, you will pay online after your new EZAir booking is confirmed. If you booked through a travel agent, I recommend you call your travel agent immediately and tell them about the charge. If you wait for Princess to tell the travel agent that you need to pay more and then for the travel agent to tell you, you may not pay before their deadline and that could leave with problems with the EZAir booking (and possibly with the cruise booking). This is from personal experience. I changed my EZAir booking after final payment to get a non-stop flight that was not previously available at a small increase in cost. I then called my travel agent who called Princess to verify the amount owed, and I paid the travel agent by credit card immediately. The travel agent had not received any notification of the additional amount owed and had to call Princess to verify the amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as you are more than 45 days out you can re-fare your flight(s). If you are one day over they will charge you a healthy fee for the change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With EZ Air as long as you have the Flexible air on your booking you can go into your booking and check, (modify) cancel and/or refare your flights up to 45 days prior to the cruise with no fees.

 

You don't need to call Princess and the travel agent has nothing to do with it.

Go into your EZ Air booking and click the modify flights tab. Then search for the flights again and it will bring up the new price and old price side by side. If it is less choose it. It will then cancel your current booking and reserve the new flights. Any funds/fare changes will be done through your CC.

If you don't find a better price back out of the booking and leave everything the same.

It works very well and very easy.

Any refares have to have the original booking canceled and a new booking made through the process outlined above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knew the pros would have the answer I needed....Thank you just saved me $200 here's hoping it goes down more airfare from Canada to FLL this winter has more than doubled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

With EZ Air as long as you have the Flexible air on your booking you can go into your booking and check, (modify) cancel and/or refare your flights up to 45 days prior to the cruise with no fees.

That is 45 days prior to your first flight departure, so it could be more than 45 days prior to the cruise.

 

17 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

 

You don't need to call Princess and the travel agent has nothing to do with it.

Although you don't go through your travel agent to change the air booking, your travel agent is still involved. If you price went down, you need to contact your travel agent for a refund. If your price went up, you need to contact your travel agent to pay the difference.

 

17 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Go into your EZ Air booking and click the modify flights tab. Then search for the flights again and it will bring up the new price and old price side by side. If it is less choose it. It will then cancel your current booking and reserve the new flights. Any funds/fare changes will be done through your CC.

When I rebooked my air with a price increase (to get a nonstop), Princess did not automatically charge the additional through my credit card. I had to contact my travel agent to pay the difference.

 

17 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

If you don't find a better price back out of the booking and leave everything the same.

It works very well and very easy.

Any refares have to have the original booking canceled and a new booking made through the process outlined above.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

That is 45 days prior to your first flight departure, so it could be more than 45 days prior to the cruise.

 

Although you don't go through your travel agent to change the air booking, your travel agent is still involved. If you price went down, you need to contact your travel agent for a refund. If your price went up, you need to contact your travel agent to pay the difference.

 

When I rebooked my air with a price increase (to get a nonstop), Princess did not automatically charge the additional through my credit card. I had to contact my travel agent to pay the difference.

 

 

I am not sure what you mean in that first answer.

If you have a flexible air booking.

You can cancel/change etc for no fee up to 45 days prior to the cruise.

 

If the price goes down you just modify flights and rebook the same flights at the lower price.

No need to get the TA involved.

My TA does not and will not handle any EZ Air issues.

If I cant do it through my booking then I call Princess.

 

I am not sure why you didn't just change the flights through your EZ Air booking?

It is painless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I am not sure what you mean in that first answer.

If you have a flexible air booking.

You can cancel/change etc for no fee up to 45 days prior to the cruise.

 

Not if you are flying out a week or so before the cruise. I'm pretty sure the 45 day limit is for the flight itself rather than for the cruise. If I am wrong please let me know as it could make a real difference to a lot of folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thrak said:

 

Not if you are flying out a week or so before the cruise. I'm pretty sure the 45 day limit is for the flight itself rather than for the cruise. If I am wrong please let me know as it could make a real difference to a lot of folks.

Yeah I tried to edit but it timed out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I am not sure what you mean in that first answer.

If you have a flexible air booking.

You can cancel/change etc for no fee up to 45 days prior to the cruise.

 

If the price goes down you just modify flights and rebook the same flights at the lower price.

No need to get the TA involved.

My TA does not and will not handle any EZ Air issues.

If I cant do it through my booking then I call Princess.

 

I am not sure why you didn't just change the flights through your EZ Air booking?

It is painless.

I did change the flights online through EZAir. As you say, the TA has nothing to do with it.

 

However, after I changed the flights online with EZAir, I still had to pay for any cost increase or receive a refund for any cost decrease. If you book with a TA, then all cruise payments, including EZAir payments, go through the TA - unlike shore excursions, beverage packages, and other extras which are handled online directly with Princess. The payment for the EZAir increase or the refund for the EZAir decrease goes through the TA, or at least it did the last time I made an EZAir change after final payment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thrak said:

 

Not if you are flying out a week or so before the cruise. I'm pretty sure the 45 day limit is for the flight itself rather than for the cruise. If I am wrong please let me know as it could make a real difference to a lot of folks.

And it's 45 days prior to the departure of the old flight you are cancelling - not the new flight you are replacing it with if it's on a different date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yeah I tried to edit but it timed out.  

 

Sorry. Been there. Done that. Annoying isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've made the change several times after final payment, once with an increase in fare to get a better flight, and the other times to get a lower airfare. I used a TA for the cruise itself, but booked EZAir directly on the website.

 

When I had the increase, I paid with a credit card immediately. When there was a reduction, that same card got a refund, but it took a couple of weeks.

 

One other thing, when you rebook the flights, they lose any additional information that you entered, such as frequent flyer numbers & TSA known traveler numbers. Make sure you re-enter those at the same time that you make your seat selection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...