Hub app for dinner

missholly24

Experienced cruiser here but new to using the HUB app for YTD reservations. My two current cruises I have booked I wasn’t given a choice of early dining (even waitlist).  I could only select Late or YTD. My question is can you choose a table for two on the app? And is there any spot for preferences? (Like window or the same waitstaff as the night before?). Also, do you request a table for right then or can you specify a later time? I’m sad I like early and have never not had it. First world problems. 

Happy Cruising! Thank you! 

Yes, you can request a table for two, or just your party.

No, you cannot make specific area requests.

You are requesting a table for then, not a later time. Otherwise, it is not a reservation for a specific time.  You will receive a notification when your table is ready.  On the Magic last month, the dining room opened at 5:30.  You could begin making table requests on the app at 5:25.  We would go on then to make our request and our table was waiting on us when we got to the dining room at 5:30.  We absolutely loved using the app.  It is so much better than going and waiting in line.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

......  On the Magic last month, the dining room opened at 5:30.  You could begin making table requests on the app at 5:25.  We would go on then to make our request and our table was waiting on us when we got to the dining room at 5:30.....

I'm curious how long you have to show up in the dining room before they give your table to someone else.  We'll have YourTimeDining on our upcoming cruise, sounds like this system might be a huge improvement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, groundloop said:

I'm curious how long you have to show up in the dining room before they give your table to someone else.  We'll have YourTimeDining on our upcoming cruise, sounds like this system might be a huge improvement.

I believe it said your table would be held for 15 minutes.  It tells you when you get the notification.  We loved using the app.  We prefer to eat when the dining room opens and before you had to wait in line.  With this, we would request our table at 5:25 from our room and then head to the dining room.  Every night we received the notification that our table was ready before we got to the dining room.  Some people prefer to request a specific wait team.  If you want to do that, you will still have to go to the dining room.  But that was not a problem for us.  We didn't mind having different teams.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Yes, you can request a table for two, or just your party.

No, you cannot make specific area requests.

You are requesting a table for then, not a later time. Otherwise, it is not a reservation for a specific time.  You will receive a notification when your table is ready.  On the Magic last month, the dining room opened at 5:30.  You could begin making table requests on the app at 5:25.  We would go on then to make our request and our table was waiting on us when we got to the dining room at 5:30.  We absolutely loved using the app.  It is so much better than going and waiting in line.

Awesome thank you. Sounds like a good thing. 

Two questions for those in the know:

1.  Does the Hub App reservations work on The Victory?

2.  We are signed up for YTD on our next cruise.  This is our first time.  My husband is wheelchair bound.  How will they know we need wheelchair accessible seating (there are not a lot in the crowded dining rooms).

Love these "in the know" threads.

On my last Vista cruise, we loved our YTD waiter the first night so going forward we used to app and when our table was ready, usually immediately after requesting in the app, when we got to the dining room we requested our waiter, only once did we not get him, we could have if we wanted to wait for a table in his area to become available.

We're long time YTD people, but will only get to use the ap for the first time on the Panorama.  We also like to go when it opens, and your reports make it sound perfect for us.  Sitting in different sections, we have found that we pretty much like all the wait staff.  Even the bar service in YTD seems as good to us as it ever was for set-time--they see us come in, they're there.