Can I make a 9:40 flight out of FLL

frak

Can you make it? Yes. Will you make it? That depends. 

While the airport is less than 15 minutes from the cruise port, both can be busy, especially on Saturdays/Sundays during the season.

If you among the very first to walk off the ship with your own bags and grab a taxi, and have TSA Pre and have no bags to check with the airline, have privileges to check bags, or get lucky with a short line and don’t get hung up at security, you have a good chance of making your flight.

if things don’t go well, you won’t make your flight, so you’ll want to have an alternative plan.

I would rather not stress out and take a later flight, but you can make your own choice.

If you look down the board, there are dozens of thread on related topics, including one about a 9:10 flight. A little reading around the board would be beneficial. 

My first question would be, what ship? My second would be what day of the week. My third would be do you have any mobility issues,  or could your carry you luggage off at the earliest possible moment and catch a cab?

This would be an easy flight to make if you line up early for self disembark.  This means if disembark is at 7am, then you are lined up by 6am.  You would make the flight rather easily.  I'm usually home well before 8am and I don't go line up early.  I live well past the airport.  You could easily check your bags with the airline and get through typical security. 

Providing you are doing self assist and go a bit early, no problem. Naturally a delay with the ship could have you miss your flight and you are prepared for that possibility.  Delays like that are quite rare, but that's life. 

Folks like to act like the airport will be swamped.  It won't be, as all of the cruisers aren't there yet.   Remember, you went early.  Precheck is nice but it won't really matter.  You could be at the airport well before 8am which is the standard suggested time by the airlines.  There is nothing out of the ordinary.  

Now, if you have a ship that docks at 8, then I'd take a later flight.  But otherwise, go for it. 

Edited by BNBR

Yes, you COULD make it but if one thing screws up, you'll miss this flight.

Passenger loads at FLL are full so you cannot count on getting on the next flight.

I'd book this flight the next day and spend the night in Fort Lauderdale.