Caribbean Princess boarding delayed tomorrow

cheeseclan

1 hour ago, CruisinMaterial said:

When I searched for Caribbean Princess, this popped up. Just great... a ship with noro issues stayed overnight in the Port of my home city. I surely hope the cruisers didn't share their joys with the rest of the folks in the City of Boston during their unexpected overnight here! 😮🤣

Did the Caribbean stay overnight as a result of Noro or something else?   We got off the ship on the 14th and had a delay arriving last Friday because of hurricane Melissa.   I don’t know about the turnaround back to Quebec but an overnight in Boston would have been something I would have loved.  They did it last year.

10 hours ago, zalusky said:

Did the Caribbean stay overnight as a result of Noro or something else?   We got off the ship on the 14th and had a delay arriving last Friday because of hurricane Melissa.   I don’t know about the turnaround back to Quebec but an overnight in Boston would have been something I would have loved.  They did it last year.

They stayed overnight due to the bomb cyclone (not named storm) which formed quickly over New England and did hurricane force wind gusts during most of the night Wednesday night. The Norwegian Dawn and one other ship who sailed on Wednesday night took shelter in the Gloucester / Newburyport area but didn't re-dock. Caribbean Princess never left the dock in Boston. Smarter move, just didn't know they were experiencing noro issues.

3 hours ago, CruisinMaterial said:

They stayed overnight due to the bomb cyclone (not named storm) which formed quickly over New England and did hurricane force wind gusts during most of the night Wednesday night. The Norwegian Dawn and one other ship who sailed on Wednesday night took shelter in the Gloucester / Newburyport area but didn't re-dock. Caribbean Princess never left the dock in Boston. Smarter move, just didn't know they were experiencing noro issues.

From what I heard the Noro issues have happened on the previous couple of cruises and that its was only at most 3 people but they were being very conservative.  

When did they announce the overnight in port?  Did people know they were able to spend more time in Boston and not rush back. I ask that because when we were in the North End last Saturday most of the restaurants we wanted to hit had a 2 hour wait with long lines outside in the streets.  

Did they miss ports (Bar Harbor/...) as a result of the delay.

The return itinerary is so different.  We did not hit St Johns or Newport coming down but did Saguenay instead.  I chose to do the cruisetour and always prefer the land portion upfront since its somewhat tiring getting up early every day.

Too bad my wife really wanted to see Fundy again OTOH hand it seems the weather would have messed a lot of things up.

We weren’t told that we were staying overnight in Boston until some of us got back on the ship after dinner.  We were told be back on by noon or noon 30 (can’t remember which) the next day.  We decided to sleep in.  Then we hear at  noon 30 that we weren’t leaving until 5:30 pm.   That is what got people really annoyed.  If we had known earlier then we could have gotten a whole day in Boston.

So we miss Bar Harbor but are told will arrive late to Saint John.  That did not happen.  So we missed 2 ports.

Yesterday we had a great day in Halifax and today will be docking in Sydney shortly.   Hoping that we get to Charlottetown tomorrow too.  Have not made it there yet on a cruise!

20 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

We weren’t told that we were staying overnight in Boston until some of us got back on the ship after dinner.  We were told be back on by noon or noon 30 (can’t remember which) the next day.  We decided to sleep in.  Then we hear at  noon 30 that we weren’t leaving until 5:30 pm.   That is what got people really annoyed.  If we had known earlier then we could have gotten a whole day in Boston.

So we miss Bar Harbor but are told will arrive late to Saint John.  That did not happen.  So we missed 2 ports.

Yesterday we had a great day in Halifax and today will be docking in Sydney shortly.   Hoping that we get to Charlottetown tomorrow too.  Have not made it there yet on a cruise!

Good morning,

I know you're busy getting ready for your fabulous day in Halifax. I have a favor to ask, if possible. If you have time, please check to see if Churchill's will be airing the World Series next week. I would really hate to miss games 3-7,

TIA

1 hour ago, CC Rider 69 said:

Good morning,

I know you're busy getting ready for your fabulous day in Sydney. I have a favor to ask, if possible. If you have time, please check to see if Churchill's will be airing the World Series next week. I would really hate to miss games 3-7,

TIA

Okay the World Series is on our tv and also in Churchills.  Won’t be on MUTS which makes no sense to us.  They had football games on their the whole cruise.

It did take a lot of convincing and asking them to get these 2 games though.

So CCRider I would ask them first thing to talk to the entertainment department so that you will have the rest of the games!

enjoy!