Escape Haven Deluxe Spa Suite

steilkurve

Hey all. Question. NCL's web site says the above cabin category holds 4. It does not specify the bed set up for the other two passengers aside from saying 'additional bedding for two'. Are we talking double sofa bed or sofa bed and upper birth? It would be for our teens so want to know if it'll work. Otherwise, does NCL allow rollaways?

2 hours ago, steilkurve said:

Hey all. Question. NCL's web site says the above cabin category holds 4. It does not specify the bed set up for the other two passengers aside from saying 'additional bedding for two'. Are we talking double sofa bed or sofa bed and upper birth? It would be for our teens so want to know if it'll work. Otherwise, does NCL allow rollaways?

The Escape's 16100 only has a sofa bed besides the king size bed in the walk thru bedroom.   You can have an egg crate placed on it and find it quite comfortable--for one.   For two sleeping comfortable on it,  your teens should be on the smaller side.   The balcony is large enough to have a lounger, so if you still want two 150+ pounders to try and sleep together, you can send the less agreeable on out on the balcony to sleep that night.   You can proactively ask for more blankets if necessary.    Warning:  We did our first Haven in this suite and refuse to go back to steerage.

6 hours ago, Hotspring said:

The Escape's 16100 only has a sofa bed besides the king size bed in the walk thru bedroom.   You can have an egg crate placed on it and find it quite comfortable--for one.   For two sleeping comfortable on it,  your teens should be on the smaller side.   The balcony is large enough to have a lounger, so if you still want two 150+ pounders to try and sleep together, you can send the less agreeable on out on the balcony to sleep that night.   You can proactively ask for more blankets if necessary.    Warning:  We did our first Haven in this suite and refuse to go back to steerage.

Thanks for the reply. Just looked at NCL’s detailed description of this suite and it says King Bed, Pullman and Sofa Bed. Saw no sign of the Pullman in the video walk throughs on YouTube. Odd. Anyone else?

Alternatively, are rollaways available?

And agree with your warning! We’ve done Haven before hence why we want to book this cabin!

Hard to say if rollaways.  We've seen them on some ships years ago.  Reports they no longer are around although one person did say having one since 2016.

Never seen a report of one on Escape.  Best bet call NCL and ask vs waiting until you board and risk it.

1 hour ago, steilkurve said:

So I just called NCL and agent Said the same as the web site that the deluxe spa suites had king, double sofa and Pullman beds. For some reason I’m skeptical. Has anyone ever seen the Pullman in that cabin?

I should have given the caveat that NCL reps are notorious for not giving out accurate info, or at best conflicting.  I thought about this a bit more and what I'd do is try posting on some upcoming rollcalls for the Escape and ask if anyone in the Haven can ask a butler for you if they even exist on that ship.  You may even get lucky and find someone in one of those rooms.

From the video and pictures I've looked at, I can't tell if there is a pullman in the ceiling.  My guess is it is a two person sofa bed.  I'll keep looking for pictures specific t that room.

• Like 1

Given that the sofa  and be opened up for one or expanded to two, it is very doubtful that they added a pullman to the cabin since we stayed in that unit a couple years ago.   Again, remember it is a Haven, the loungers are quite comfortable as well.  Even if you do not want one of the larger sized kids on the balcony overnight, you can always bring in to the cabin for one to sleep there.  But as big as the cabin is, it will make a squeeze from the front door to the rest of the cabin.  Doubt if there really is room for a rolling bed should one be available.

• 1 year later...
On 10/17/2019 at 11:51 AM, steilkurve said:

So I just called NCL and agent Said the same as the web site that the deluxe spa suites had king, double sofa and Pullman beds. For some reason I’m skeptical. Has anyone ever seen the Pullman in that cabin?

@steilkurveWere you ever able to determine if this room has a Pullman bed in addition to the sofa bed and the king? I'm also booked in this room with my wife and two teens and would love to know the actual configuration of the bedding.