Traveling to Cruise Port - LAX

SanDiego Single

I will be sailing on the Nieuw Statendam in December flying out of  LAX to FLL and wanted to do it up right so to speak. I am wondering if anyone here has ever used the Private Suites at LAX. Its a huge splurge and I have been given a large discount. Going into LAX is always a hassle and I try avoiding it at all costs and this seems like a great way to do that.

https://theprivatesuite.com/the-experience/

Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, SanDiego Single said:

I will be sailing on the Nieuw Statendam in December flying out of  LAX to FLL and wanted to do it up right so to speak. I am wondering if anyone here has ever used the Private Suites at LAX. Its a huge splurge and I have been given a large discount. Going into LAX is always a hassle and I try avoiding it at all costs and this seems like a great way to do that.

Thanks in advance.

Hi SanDiego Single!

First if you have a great discount DO IT!!!!

For us we travel First or business and we never have a problem!  We also travel on points! The price is over 4K and we could place that towards another cruise for us.

To me if you want to go in style and NO STRESS LINE I SAID DO IT! 
Denise😊

• Like 1

Thanks Denise. Yes I travel First or Business also however that still means going into the airport and my cruise is the week before Christmas. I am a seasoned traveler and as I get older seems my tolerance for lines and crowds isn't getting better with age but instead worse. 🙂 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SanDiego Single said:

Thanks in advance.

Looks interesting but I would do some more checking if I were in your shoes. From the attached pic/artist's rendering, this new suite complex seems to be located near/at the West Imperial Terminal. This is a private terminal for business/charter aircraft. The last regular airline that operated from there was MGM Grand Air with their DC-8s flying luxury to JFK and back. If you are flying a charter to FLL in Dec, I can see that "70 steps to your plane" concept work.

However, if you are flying regular airline service, you need to get all the way to the central terminal area which is located across the south runway complex (Rwy's 25L and 25R) and the only way you can do that from West Imperial is to have a driver, with a special DL classification which allows him/her to drive on  LAX' service roads, so adjacent the runways and taxiways, drive you there either via the dunes on the extreme west side, or via the eastern route adjacent Aviation Blvd 

Interesting concept, though! Have a great time using it!

LAX The Experience - The Private Suite.jpg

Edited by Copper10-8

19 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hi SanDiego Single!

First if you have a great discount DO IT!!!!

For us we travel First or business and we never have a problem!  We also travel on points! The price is over 4K and we could place that towards another cruise for us.

To me if you want to go in style and NO STRESS LINE I SAID DO IT! 
Denise😊

6 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Looks interesting but I would do some more checking if I were in your shoes. From the attached pic/artist's rendering, this new suite complex seems to be located near/at the West Imperial Terminal. This is a private terminal for business/charter aircraft. The last regular airline that operated from there was MGM Grand Air with their DC-8s flying luxury to JFK and back. If you are flying a charter to FLL in Dec, I can see that "70 steps to your plane" concept work.

However, if you are flying regular airline service, you need to get all the way to the central terminal area which is located across the south runway complex (Rwy's 25L and 25R) and the only way you can do that from West Imperial is to have a driver, with a special DL classification which allows him/her to drive on  LAX' service road, so adjacent the runways and taxiways, drive you there

Interesting concept, though! Have a great time using it!

LAX The Experience - The Private Suite.jpg

Hi,

Yes they drive you across the tarmac. This is a quote from the website.

"When it’s time to board, Private Suite members are driven across the tarmac, Head-of-State style, directly to their aircraft."

Kevin

2 minutes ago, SanDiego Single said:

Hi,

Yes they drive you across the tarmac. This is a quote from the website.

"When it’s time to board, Private Suite members are driven across the tarmac, Head-of-State style, directly to their aircraft."

Kevin

That's quite a drive! From West Imperial, it'll take you about 15-20 minutes with all taxiing aircraft having the right of way. I've done it many times with such a LAWA license when I worked p/t for America West AL at LAX back in the 90ties. Quite an experience driving in very close proximity to a heavy 747 adjacent to you on an LAX taxi way 

So, you're flying a regular airline, not a charter, to FLL? 

3 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

That's quite a drive! From West Imperial, it'll take you about 15-20 minutes with all taxiing aircraft having the right of way. I've done it many times with such a LAWA license when I worked p/t for America West AL at LAX back in the 90ties. Quite an experience driving in very close proximity to a heavy 747 adjacent to you on an LAX taxi way 

So, you're flying a regular airline, not a charter, to FLL? 

Hi,

Yes I am flying United.

Kevin

Hi Kevin:

It is a splurge.  Both AA and UA have excellent 1st class lounges - Flagship First for AA and Polaris. On AA Domestic flights the use of these lounges depends on class of service on a 3 class plane (premium Econ is not a counted class).  The lounges are excellent.  If you already use Clear with Pre, and flying on a 3 class plane, check it out.  Keep in mind that to make full use out of Private Suites, you will want to spend more time at LAX.  Enjoy if you go!

3 hours ago, SanDiego Single said:

Thanks Denise. Yes I travel First or Business also however that still means going into the airport and my cruise is the week before Christmas. I am a seasoned traveler and as I get older seems my tolerance for lines and crowds isn't getting better with age but instead worse. 🙂 

We travel with United and understand what 

you mean. In 2016 we flew to Paris on United first class and I must say it was wonderful! Separate entrance TSA everything about it was wonderful. That is when we spoke with agents there and spoke about It might have been this company and how to make it stress free!

United has something similar but not with a private room for you! 
I still say do it if you can especially now saying Christmas season time! How much of a discount and with who? 
let us know how it goes! 
Have a great cruise!

Denise😊

2 hours ago, askworldtraveler said:

Hi Kevin:

It is a splurge.  Both AA and UA have excellent 1st class lounges - Flagship First for AA and Polaris. On AA Domestic flights the use of these lounges depends on class of service on a 3 class plane (premium Econ is not a counted class).  The lounges are excellent.  If you already use Clear with Pre, and flying on a 3 class plane, check it out.  Keep in mind that to make full use out of Private Suites, you will want to spend more time at LAX.  Enjoy if you go!

Hi,

Yes I have the UA lounge pass and do love it and have been to the Polaris lounge many times when traveling internationally. I also do have clear and pre and use them in conjunction with each other which does speed you through the TSA. My flight out of LAX is at 10:45 and I plan to arrive the the Private Suites a couple of hours early to make full use.

Thanks

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

We travel with United and understand what 

you mean. In 2016 we flew to Paris on United first class and I must say it was wonderful! Separate entrance TSA everything about it was wonderful. That is when we spoke with agents there and spoke about It might have been this company and how to make it stress free!

United has something similar but not with a private room for you! 
I still say do it if you can especially now saying Christmas season time! How much of a discount and with who? 
let us know how it goes! 
Have a great cruise!

Denise😊

Hi,

In 2018 I was in the air for 140,000 miles so anything I can do to make the experience a little easier seems good to me. I am going to do it just need to make the reservation. Its a 50% off the yearly fee and its from a TA I use. Will take pictures and report. back.

Kevin

• Like 1