Change to beverage package

NRWPA

Just got off Crown Princess on Oct 18th. While ordering wine from the dining room menu I accidentally ordered a glass of wine that was over the beverage package limit of $12 by $1. My waiter came back and told me that I would have to pay the extra $1.18 for the wine. I was surprised  to know that I could now drink any of the wines I wanted for only the difference in price plus extra gratuity. I also asked at Vines and was told the policy was changed very recently and was for any alcoholic beverage. I checked Princess website and they still have the statement that "Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16 .00 AUD price are charged at full menu price" - so I suppose it may not be implemented fleetwide. Nice change especially for wine drinkers if it continues though.

• Like 3

What I do for the evening meal is purchase a bottle of wine (the booze package gives a discount) - I'll have a glass or two with dinner and they'll save the bottle for me for the next day.  It doesn't affect your drink count at all.

a) How does one find the "policy" for a future cruise?

b) Anyone with more detailed insights as to whether this will no become standard policy across the fleet? 

I always thought the "pay the entire price" deal was chicken@$@#$ compared to say NCL where you only paid the difference. I will spend a lot on "upgrades" if you only have to pay the difference.