Beverage packages ?

chuckcarole

39 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

The discount is 50% for the bottle  (not 15%).  

I believe you are terribly mistaken! 

On the original note, it’s not a one size fits all question. On most cruises, we take the beverage package as our OLife Choice and upgrade once aboard. Since we rarely board before 2:30-3:00, there has never been a line to do so.

On very port intensive cruises, where good wine is readily available, we take the Cruise Only fare and pay corkage. We rarely take an O shore tour and the OBC option is merely a wash.

When faced with a large VAT, we have again taken the cruise only option and pre bought the Premium Package. On a 20 day cruise at $20/day the extra 25% for us didn’t make sense. 

We have been on Food and Wine Trail Oceania cruises we’re buying anything extra was unnecessary! 🤪

Every Cruise is different for us.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

On the original note, it’s not a one size fits all question. On most cruises, we take the beverage package as our OLife Choice and upgrade once aboard. Since we rarely board before 2:30-3:00, there has never been a line to do so.

On very port intensive cruises, where good wine is readily available, we take the Cruise Only fare and pay corkage. We rarely take an O shore tour and the OBC option is merely a wash.

When faced with a large VAT, we have again taken the cruise only option and pre bought the Premium Package. On a 20 day cruise at $20/day the extra 25% for us didn’t make sense. 

We have been on Food and Wine Trail Oceania cruises we’re buying anything extra was unnecessary! 🤪

Pinotlover,

I am “terribly mistaken”??  Please explain!

On our last O cruise in June 2019 we had the Prestige Beverage Package. We purchased 1 or 2 bottles of wine and received 50% off of the list price.  I am absolutely certain of it.   
The only way I could be incorrect is if the policy changed after June 2019. 

Sunlover;

You might have confused two different programs.

1. Regular bottle discount for those on pip.

2.  Special Bin End deals that may exist.

I believe the question was about #1, and your response, with 50% off, was obviously #2.

Hope that explains it. 🍷

14 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I'm not 100% sure but I do believe on cruises with VAT that if you upgrade the package you're not charged the vat on top of the $20 per day. At least sometime in the past few years that was my experience. I can't find on the Oceania website about the 15% discount with the package, then again they have stuff scattered all over the place and not where you would expect it. Does any one have a link where it shows that you'll get that discount? 

It does show that you get 20% off of the La Reserve dinner if you PURCHASE the beverage package. It's been my experience that if you take the package as an Olife perk and then upgrade the 20% is not applied. There have been reports of a different outcome. 

With a Google search I was able to find a TA site that shows an ad flyer from onboard that shows an additional savings of 15% when you purchase a package. I can't find that anywhere on the Oceania website though. Interesting. 

24 minutes ago, ORV said:

With a Google search I was able to find a TA site that shows an ad flyer from onboard that shows an additional savings of 15% when you purchase a package. I can't find that anywhere on the Oceania website though. Interesting. 

I looked in a copy of my blue book  only saw the 20% off  la Reserved if your PAIN for the Prestige package

I know there was a big discussion here  that if you upgraded from the O Life beverage  deal then the 20%  did not apply

Then of course there was the 7 bottle deal   but I think 50% discount  would  be VERY generous  even for Oceania 😁

Last February, our last time on the Marina, we booked La Reserve, pre boarding, then upgraded to pip upon boarding. We had paid the full price of the three dinners upon making the reservations. On our final bill, and not before, the discount was applied to our account for the dinners.

Friends traveling with us had the exact same experience. What was interesting, when they gave us the preliminary bill a few days before disembarkment, the discount had not been applied. When I asked, they told me it’s only appears on the final bill. Sure enough did!

7 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Sunlover;

You might have confused two different programs.

1. Regular bottle discount for those on pip.

2.  Special Bin End deals that may exist.

I believe the question was about #1, and your response, with 50% off, was obviously #2.

Hope that explains it. 🍷

That explains it then.  The bottle or 2 that we bought must have been the Bin End deal and we got the 50% off of that. I remember we bought a bottle of Italian white from Toscana and it was very good. I didn't realize that anything else would have been only 15% discount. 

Thank you for replying.

On 5/8/2020 at 12:59 PM, pinotlover said:

Last February, our last time on the Marina, we booked La Reserve, pre boarding, then upgraded to pip upon boarding. We had paid the full price of the three dinners upon making the reservations. On our final bill, and not before, the discount was applied to our account for the dinners.

Friends traveling with us had the exact same experience. What was interesting, when they gave us the preliminary bill a few days before disembarkment, the discount had not been applied. When I asked, they told me it’s only appears on the final bill. Sure enough did!

I had the same experience on Riviera in December. Checking on the preliminary bill throughout the week showed no discount applied, but when I asked Guest Services about it, they told me they have staff members who manually check over the final bill on the last night and apply the discounts. And she was correct - the discount was on the final bill.