Symphony OTS - #11253. Bed location.

mlbcruiser

Hoping someone sees this very soon and can tell me if the cabin configuration of cabin number 11253 on the Symphony (or maybe even this location on another Oasis class ship) overlooking Central Park has the bed at the far, or balcony door, end of the cabin or if the bed is situated right after you pass the bathroom and closet area?  DH uses a scooter and we can’t get an accessible cabin for our date.  Configuration makes all the difference!  Royal Caribbean can’t instantly answer This configuration question so hoping someone has stayed in this cabin, has the answer, and will reply quickly! If so, I’d really, really appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Caribbean‘s ships tend to have wider cabin doors than those on a number of other lines. Most especially the newer ships in the fleet. I have checked with RC’s accessibility department before on the issue though the company providing the scooter assured me one would fit. (Additionally once on a Princess ship when many people told us the scooter would not fit)  Unless you are getting a super sized scooter for a very large person, it’s usually the space inside the cabin that you have to maneuver your body around the scooter that is more a problem than getting the scooter in the door.   After renting on a ship  about four times,  the only cabin we had an issue with was a regular sized outside cabin on Radiance OTS. My husband was able to get the scooter through the door and into the cabin. The tough part was backing it out. That seemed like a tighter squeeze than going in just by virtue of visibility. The hallway was not wide enough on a lowish deck  to get the scooter easily turned in the right direction once it was backed straight out into the cabin hall.  Issue was easily solved by the crew and it did not end up being a problem. 

Thanks for replying though.

• 1 month later...

Yes RC did contact the ship to check for me and was told the bed is on the balcony end of the cabin. However, when we went on the Oasis a couple of years ago, it was my first time trying to make sure of the bed location and someone posted, stating that every other cabin has the opposite configuration. Royal said that is not absolute because there are some variations here and there so it isn’t a good idea to count on that.