lax question

bones774

2 AM???? Google will show you the Priority Pass lounges at LAX.

I have not used any of them so cannot give you a rec.

You can also check day use lounges to see if you could buy a pass for your stay.

I would not have planned that arrival time but everyone travels differently!

17 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

2 AM???? Google will show you the Priority Pass lounges at LAX.

I have not used any of them so cannot give you a rec.

You can also check day use lounges to see if you could buy a pass for your stay.

I would not have planned that arrival time but everyone travels differently!

I know, but for a variety of reasons that is what I have to deal with. thanks

Edited by bones774

2 hours ago, bones774 said:

I Have priority lounge access, Any use?. Any other thoughts? thanks

Most of the lounges are going to be closed at that hour-- they aren't open 24 hours. Why not just get a cheap room at an airport hotel, sleep til 10-11am and then head to the port?

1 minute ago, princeton123211 said:

Most of the lounges are going to be closed at that hour-- they aren't open 24 hours. Why not just get a cheap room at an airport hotel, sleep til 10-11am and then head to the port?

that's my alternative but as you say a cheap room, Ughh. Rather sit at airport

6 minutes ago, bones774 said:

that's my alternative but as you say a cheap room, Ughh. Rather sit at airport

I mean thats a personal choice-- after an (assuming) long flight to LA getting in at 2am I'd rather off myself than sit in the terminal for 5 hours. Some terminals at LAX are not the most comfortable or put together in the world. 

You would also need to confirm with the airport that the terminal itself doesn't close after your arrival. A real possibility and would definitely be sketchier sleeping beyond the security perimeter near baggage claim at that hour.  

This guide might help: https://www.sleepinginairports.net/guides/los-angeles-airport-guide.htm

Looks like an inexpensive hotel is the best alternative but of course not the cheapest. Otherwise, walk to the international terminal (staying within the secured area) and get comfy there until restaurants reopen. 

Edited by coastcat

Are you on the Jet Blue flight that leaves JFK at 10:36 and arrives LAX at 1:50 am?  That's about the latest flight I see on the schedule...

And, why?  Is it because you can't leave NYC until late?  Did you try other area airports to see if there's a better flight...like LGB?  Or the 5:40 am Jet Blue flight the next day--which arrives at 8:51 am?

Assuming you are stuck with that flight, here is what I would do:  I would have a car service, shuttle or Uber immediately take me down to San Pedro and check into a hotel there...get to sleep whenever and sleep until noon or whatever the latest check-out they'd allow me...then head over to the pier--with, at least, several hours of sleep and zero worries about traffic between the LAX area and the ship (rather than an LAX hotel where I'd have the fear of oversleeping, then hitting traffic getting to the ship).

To me, it's worth paying for a hotel just to avoid the discomfort of trying to sleep in a terminal at LAX--where none of the terminal chairs work as beds...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bones774 said:

arriving LAX 2AM the day of cruise out of San Pedro. Anywhere at airport to sit and wait? I Have priority lounge access, Any use?. Any other thoughts? thanks

Hi,  I would also go the route of a hotel near the cruise terminal.  Whether you are at San Pedro or Long Beach there is  Best Western Los Angeles Worldport Hotel that has decent rates.  I would Uber to the hotel, sleep, Uber to the port(either one).