Ocean Cay Cabanas under construction...

Nashna

OMG...... can you imagine renting the cabana in photo one. The view is a construction zone: mounds of dirt, front end loaders, and cranes. In my head I'm hearing 'beep beep beep' as the machines go into reverse. Maybe I'm just visually and auditory sensitive having gone through a major construction project in my neighborhood.  Let's hope the heavy equipment is gone next week.

• Haha 1

It looks like they are moving along.  On another site, a gentleman who had been on the island this week, said the water and beaches were absolutely beautiful.  It's amazing what can be done in a short time period.  I'm sure the biggest issues were getting electrical and plumbing done throughout.  If you noticed, those cabanas did have ceiling fans hooked up.  Unfortunately, the landscape is going to take a long time to fill out.

I know there were lots of comments on CC lamenting the fact that it would not be opening on time.  So glad they were wrong.   While the entire island will not be completed, it's wonderful that passengers are going to enjoy the sand and sea.     

5 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

one, OMG...... can you imagine renting the cabana in photo one. The view is a construction zone: mounds of dirt, front end loaders, and cranes. In my head I'm hearing 'beep beep beep' as the machines go into reverse. Maybe I'm just visually and auditory sensitive having gone through a major construction project in my neighborhood.  Let's hope the heavy equipment is gone next week.

I just saw the schedule of MSC ships stopping at Ocean Cay.  There are many dates when there are one, two or three and four days without a ship in port.  This should give them time to do the heavy construction when the port is empty of passengers.  

4 hours ago, Nashna said:

I just saw the schedule of MSC ships stopping at Ocean Cay.  There are many dates when there are one, two or three and four days without a ship in port.  This should give them time to do the heavy construction when the port is empty of passengers.  

That is a very good point. Did you notice if there are days with two ships visiting at the same time?

35 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

That is a very good point. Did you notice if there are days with two ships visiting at the same time?

You may wish to use the following app.  In the “how busy is the port” box, you can enter “ocean cay” and a date to see what ships are there on a given date. 

When you have a list of ships in port, there are buttons marked previous and net day. There is a little bug however, as those buttons don’t appear if the list shows no ships in port. 

http://app.cruisetoports.com

If you do a search for Ocean Cay on 9 November, you see that MSC Meraviglia is expected. 

Patrick

Thank you for the suggestion. On first glance, it doesn't appear that you can see an entire months schedule in one view from the app you recommended. I prefer the cruisemapper site as you can see large blocks of time at once. Certainly I could have looked it up, but Nashana had just viewed the schedule. I have answered my own question, it looks like MSC has done it right and is avoiding two ships in ocean cay at the same time :).

image.png.bfd015e0bb15098b15917c5d4294a311.png