Carnival Dream for First Time

nlktx49

Leaving next week on the Dream for the first time, and I have a few questions.

Is the muster/safety drill held inside the ship or outside? About what time will it be since the sail time is earlier?

I've seen an article about road work going on near the terminal and some roads being closed. Did you have any difficulty getting to the terminal (Galveston)?

Which dining room is for Your Time Dining? Which for breakfast?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by nlktx49
Left out city

Have fun on your cruise! The Dream is an amazing ship. For us last July, muster drill was held inside. It lasted 20-30 minutes. We were sitting down the entire time. 

There were no construction delays from I-45 to the terminal parking lot. But TONS of construction from Houston to Galveston. In fact construction started around Huntsville, and went almost continually all the way to Galveston. 

Can't help you on Your Time Dining(YTD). We had early dining, and were seated every evening when we walked into the Scarlet Dining Room. We had our breakfasts there as well. We were very close as our room was #2375. Up 1 flight of stairs and we were there. 

Assuming it's still the same, my muster station on the Dream was in a dining room so we got to sit through the whole thing.
It has to be finished before the ship sails, so it'll probably happen about an hour before departure time.

The WORST muster drill I've seen was on the Liberty - we had to stand outside near the life boats, all packed together in the heat for nearly 45 minutes.  One older lady near me passed out.  I'd think that Carnival could look at how the Dream conducts muster drills and use that as a template for the entire fleet..... the Dream's crew really had their act together.

16 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Have fun on your cruise! The Dream is an amazing ship. For us last July, muster drill was held inside. It lasted 20-30 minutes. We were sitting down the entire time. 

There were no construction delays from I-45 to the terminal parking lot. But TONS of construction from Houston to Galveston. In fact construction started around Huntsville, and went almost continually all the way to Galveston. 

Can't help you on Your Time Dining(YTD). We had early dining, and were seated every evening when we walked into the Scarlet Dining Room. We had our breakfasts there as well. We were very close as our room was #2375. Up 1 flight of stairs and we were there. 

Quick question concerning cabin 2375.  We are in 2374 in a few weeks and are wondering about noise level from galley above.   Was it bad? 

10 minutes ago, cruisingnana said:

Quick question concerning cabin 2375.  We are in 2374 in a few weeks and are wondering about noise level from galley above.   Was it bad? 

It is a cove balcony cabin. We absolutely loved it. With that said, yes we heard the bowling balls sounds almost every night. It started around 1:30 and lasted about 5 minutes. It woke me up when I heard it, as I'm a light sleeper. It only woke my wife up once. It only happened at those times. I think the cabin was well positioned. Very convenient to the elevators and our dining room. Overall I wouldn't mind having that cabin again, even with the noise in the middle of the night.