Would you bid for an upgrade from a 2BR?

TPgal

It's a rainy Seattle Friday afternoon, so I am pondering life.   We are a family of 2 (married couple & a 9 year old) booked into a Haven 2BR on the Breakaway.  When the upgrade bidding game starts would you consider a different cabin an upgrade?  Why or why not?

We liked the 2BR on the Jade because we could still enjoy the cabin when the tax deduction went to bed, but  am wondering about other people's 3+ people in a cabin experience. 

Thanks and I know it's not the most important question plaguing us these days...CC is my escape from all that other stuff. 

Please someone correct me if I am wrong. The  upgrades would be the Owner's Suites and

Deluxe Owner's Suites at the front of the ship? I heard that there is a removal wall between

these cabins and there is quite a bit of sound seepage. Pretty sure they fixed this in subsequent ships.

I am noise sensitive so I would stay in the cabin I have.

• Like 1

I would not consider anything else an upgrade - we were in a 2br suite on the Dawn with three adults - it was great - if we wanted to we could all have a room to ourselves - beware, the master bedroom and the second bedroom do not have much in the way of soundproofing in them.

For the DAWN and JEWEL class ships 2BR cabins -

The Master bedroom sleeps two

the 2nd bedroom sleeps two - one on a couch bed the other on a pull down Pullman type bed

and if necessary an additional sleeping arrangement can be made in the Main cabin room by converting the couch.

Thus 5 can sleep with a possibility of a 6th small person on the convertible couch (not the best move).

The 2BR cabins in the JEWEL class Haven are almost identical to those on deck 11 in space and features.

Note the DAWN class ships do not have a Haven but do have more suites on deck 12 and 2 DOS suites with

the 2nd BR.

The neat feature about these 2BRs is the separate half bath in the 2nd bedroom !

The second bedroom has a full bath in the Jewel class ships.

The Dawn, while not exactly in the Jewel class, was the prototype for the Jewel class and while it lacks a Haven, it was the first ship to have Garden Villas. Its observation lounge area was converted to family suites - I believe that the 2br suites on deck 11 were there before the conversion.

The Jewel class ships have 8 2br suites  in the haven and 10 more on deck 11. The Dawn only has the ones on deck 11. 

While I would probably not trade this type of cabin, I might consider trading up to one in the Haven

• 3 months later...