Booking Shore Excursions with Promo Credit Help Needed

Kazzygirl

Hi fellow cruisers,

I am from Australia and finding it very difficult to book my shore excursions for my December cruise.

I get different answers from NCL

I have $100 shore excursion credit per port.

If I book now I am told I have to pay upfront in full with my credit card being deducted immediately.

So do I get the OBC credit for the shore excursions back onto the credit card after I take each one or is the credit then only to be used for other things on board?

NCL cant give me a straight answer.

As I have the Fee at sea offer there is not much else to buy on board and I certainly don't want to have to spend " extra"

The only other option is to risk booking onboard and missing out as the excursions are full.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Karen

You will need to call the shore excursion department at NCL.  They will reserve the shore excursion without requiring payment. When you take the shore excursion they will then charge your onboard account for the excursion less the $100. If you can’t find the number, post here and I will look it up for you. 

• Like 2

Best to call NCL as Robinsoncruiso suggested but even if you book on line it will show the price as such and such but you will not be charged, or at least we never have been. The charges are applied after you take the excursion and at that time they will deduct the credit you have coming. 

My experience with booking on line on our last few NCL cruises is that when you book, they immediately charge your credit card. The only way to get the charge taken off is the call and cancel the booking.

Whether or not you can rebook on the phone without being charged I don't know because I have no experience with that.

From NCL promotion terms. Phone number to call to reserve shore excursions using credit.

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit
$50 per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.
Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.
In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued. 
Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.
Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays are counted as individual ports/days for shore excursion credit. 
Shore excursion credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard. 
For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account. 

On 10/26/2019 at 8:29 AM, SouthLyonCruiser said:

My experience with booking on line on our last few NCL cruises is that when you book, they immediately charge your credit card.

Indeed. When you book on line, you are not dealing with a person, just a computer and a virtual shopping cart.  To book the excursion on line, you must add it to your cart.  You'll get a message saying if you don't buy it in X number of minutes, it will be removed.  (Just like, for example, buying tickets to the theatre on line.)   So you must pay for it in advance when you book on line.  If you don't want to do that, you must call the Shorex Dept.

Since the same questions are asked over and over again about how to use the shorex promo, I started a thread with instructions and tips, to which others have very helpfully added; here it is:

Edited by Turtles06
  • Thanks 1