Holiday cruise, Tree and Lights

sarahjane01

Hi everyone,

On the Sojourn out of San Juan our the Holiday cruise to the Caribbean this year. 

Flying out of Miami with AA in business.

We are taking a six foot Xmas tree with us as we always do but normally we depart from Miami so no flying involved. The tree is will be brand new and unopened.

Questions::

Is it 2 bags each with AA on business class fromMiami to San Juan?

If so  will the tree be counted as one of those bags or will it be classed as an oversize bag( like golf clubs) and a fee charged?

It won't be pre lit - I will be taking battery operated lights in my case.

Also we are taking gifts with us. I am guessing we will have to take them unwrapped and wrap once onboard?

Only issue now is how I get the decorations and wreath for the suite door along too.

Anyone know the cost for a third case?

Thanks so much

Sarah 

One thing I do know---wrapped gifts will often be unwrapped by TSA  Last March, I took several wrapped gifts for our granddaughter's third birthday on a AA flight to NYC.  When I opened my suitcase, I was dismayed to see that all my careful gift wrapping was for naught.  The gifts had been unwrapped and haphazardly rewrapped with ripped paper and untied ribbons.  I was amazed as the gifts were mostly very flat and very obvious books.  

On 10/26/2019 at 11:18 AM, sarahjane01 said:Anyone know the cost for a third case?

Thanks so much

Sarah 

Hi Sarah

AA has your answer (see below). Gift wrapped bags shouldn’t be an issue in your checked bags unless you’re taking pot as a gift. 

https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-service/support/optional-service-fees.jsp?anchorEvent=false&from=footer#baggage