Port Canaveral stop on Grandeur

smilz

6 minutes ago, smilz said:

We've done cocoa beach ( not a fan), been to the everglades multiple time and been to NASA quite a few times. Thinking about Epcot on the RC transport bus. Has anyone actually done this?   

For your itinerary (6 AM to 6 PM), I would not recommend it.  Epcot opens at 11 AM and you have to be back on the ship no later than 5:30 PM.  So, you probably have at most 5 hours at Epcot.

6 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

For your itinerary (6 AM to 6 PM), I would not recommend it.  Epcot opens at 11 AM and you have to be back on the ship no later than 5:30 PM.  So, you probably have at most 5 hours at Epcot.

Epcot actually opens at 9:00 most days. The World showcase opens at 11:00, but rides are open at the earlier time. I agree that it really isn't much time and a lot of effort is spent with not much in return...

1 hour ago, jaminvermont said:

Epcot actually opens at 9:00 most days. The World showcase opens at 11:00, but rides are open at the earlier time. I agree that it really isn't much time and a lot of effort is spent with not much in return...

I googled for the opening time, but didn't pay close enough attention to notice the different opening times.  Oops.  Thanks for the correction.

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

Ship tour may be ok but I would spend the extra $$$ and get the Disney fast pass unless you enjoy standing in long, long lines.

Disney fast passes are free. You can book 3 of them .  There are some restrictions; they are divided into Tier One (headliner rides;  you get one of these) and Tier 2 (2 of these).  They are available 30 days in advance of the park visit. Once you have used your fast passes, you can book more, depending on availability. You need to download the Disney app, pay for your ticket and then you can book.

9 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

Disney fast passes are free. You can book 3 of them .  There are some restrictions; they are divided into Tier One (headliner rides;  you get one of these) and Tier 2 (2 of these).  They are available 30 days in advance of the park visit. Once you have used your fast passes, you can book more, depending on availability. You need to download the Disney app, pay for your ticket and then you can book.

Disney has something for free???  Wow

• Haha 1

On 10/26/2019 at 7:58 PM, matj2000 said:

Cocoa Beach is not destination...…….

I'm not sure what you mean by this...

If someone is looking for a "beach day", Cocoa Beach is a good option.  It's not that far away.  Go to the south part, the old section - a good beach with rentals, some fun places for food and drink.   

57 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this...

If someone is looking for a "beach day", Cocoa Beach is a good option.  It's not that far away.  Go to the south part, the old section - a good beach with rentals, some fun places for food and drink.   

I have been to Cocoa Beach numerous times, my  in-laws live there..

And although it could be considered a beach day,  the beaches are not exactly like the Caribbean, far from it.  

The waters can be a bit murky and cold in the Winter time.

Also there is nothing at all near dock unlike the Caribbean where you can walk off the ship and find beaches/activities.

In Port Canaveral, if you want to do anything at all it will require transportation. 

7 hours ago, matj2000 said:

I have been to Cocoa Beach numerous times, my  in-laws live there..

And although it could be considered a beach day,  the beaches are not exactly like the Caribbean, far from it.  

The waters can be a bit murky and cold in the Winter time.

Also there is nothing at all near dock unlike the Caribbean where you can walk off the ship and find beaches/activities.

In Port Canaveral, if you want to do anything at all it will require transportation. 

I guess I don't require to have everything there when I walk off the ship.  There are some nice places there at the physical port if you want to get drunk...

I've been many ports where there was "nothing' there and I've not had an issue getting out of the port and on to the "fun."  I spend time at Cocoa Beach - I have a friend who lives across the street from the beach.  It's a beach, a rather wide and long beach.  Beaches on the Atlantic are different from the beaches on the Pacific, different from the beaches in the Caribbean, different from beaches in Hawaii, different from beaches in Europe.  No one should expect the same kind of beach - that would be boring.