November Bus Fare Q

redwave

If I will be taking the following bus rides for two adults, what would be the best ticket option to purchase? ty

day 1

hamilton dockyard - st georges

st georges - hamilton dockyard

day 2

royal navy dockyard - horshoe bay

horse shoe bay - royal navy dockyard

45 minutes ago, redwave said:

If I will be taking the following bus rides for two adults, what would be the best ticket option to purchase? ty

day 1

hamilton dockyard - st georges

st georges - hamilton dockyard

day 2

royal navy dockyard - horshoe bay

horse shoe bay - royal navy dockyard

I'm not clear about exactly what you're doing. On day one are you going from Dockyard to Hamilton and then Hamilton to St. Georges, then doing the identical trip in reverse? The "hamilton dockyard " wording is confusing me. Also, if going Dockyard to Hamilton and Hamilton to St. Georges, are you making the bus transfer immediately or are you staying in Hamilton for a time and then heading to St. George's later? If you're doing an immediate bus change in Hamilton you can get a free transfer for your second bus ride to St. George's. If you're not going immediately to St. George's then you'll have to pay a second bus fare for that segment of the trip.

Assuming you're taking a bus from Dockyard to Hamilton followed by an immediate change of buses in Hamilton to go to St. George's, and doing the same in reverse, you'll need two $4.50 tokens per person for day one and you'll each need to get a transfer from the first bus driver in each direction to get a free trip on the second bus ride in each direction. Day 2  you'll need 2 $4.50 tokens per person.

So assuming I correctly understand your plans to mean an immediate transfer of buses in Hamilton, for the two days each person needs a total of four $4.50 tokens...a total cost of $18 per person to cover the 2 days.

33 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I'm not clear about exactly what you're doing. On day one are you going from Dockyard to Hamilton and then Hamilton to St. Georges, then doing the identical trip in reverse? The "hamilton dockyard " wording is confusing me. Also, if going Dockyard to Hamilton and Hamilton to St. Georges, are you making the bus transfer immediately or are you staying in Hamilton for a time and then heading to St. George's later? If you're doing an immediate bus change in Hamilton you can get a free transfer for your second bus ride to St. George's. If you're not going immediately to St. George's then you'll have to pay a second bus fare for that segment of the trip.

Assuming you're taking a bus from Dockyard to Hamilton followed by an immediate change of buses in Hamilton to go to St. George's, and doing the same in reverse, you'll need two $4.50 tokens per person for day one and you'll each need to get a transfer from the first bus driver in each direction to get a free trip on the second bus ride in each direction. Day 2  you'll need 2 $4.50 tokens per person.

So assuming I correctly understand your plans to mean an immediate transfer of buses in Hamilton, for the two days each person needs a total of four $4.50 tokens...a total cost of $18 per person to cover the 2 days.

taking free ferry to hamilton, taking bus from hamilton to st george and plan to take bus back to hamilton from st george

than taking bus from royal navy dockyard (ncl dock) to horseshoe bay and plan to take bus back from horshoe bay to royal nav dockyard 

45 minutes ago, redwave said:

taking free ferry to hamilton, taking bus from hamilton to st george and plan to take bus back to hamilton from st george

than taking bus from royal navy dockyard (ncl dock) to horseshoe bay and plan to take bus back from horshoe bay to royal nav dockyard 

There's no free ferry to Hamilton. NCL runs a free ferry in season between Dockyard and St. George for its passengers.

What ship are you on and when will you be in Bermuda?

9 hours ago, redwave said:

8 hours ago, njhorseman said:

There's no free ferry to Hamilton. NCL runs a free ferry in season between Dockyard and St. George for its passengers.

What ship are you on and when will you be in Bermuda?

If you're still going to make this trip as you outlined it despite the ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton not being free, I'd suggest you buy two $4.50 tokens at the Dockyard, one for each of you, to pay for the ferry to Hamilton. Then walk to bus terminal and buy a booklet of 15 transportation tickets costing $37.50.  The two of you can share the use of the ticket booklet. For each ride on a bus or ferry you take each person pays with one of the tickets from the booklet. So you'll use one ticket each for the bus trip from Hamilton to St. George, one ticket each for the return bus ride from St. George to Hamilton and one ticket each for the return ferry trip from Hamilton to Dockyard., for a total of 6 tickets being used the first day.

The next day you'll use one ticket each for the bus ride to Horseshoe bay and then one ticket each for the return bus ride from Horseshoe Bay to Dockyard, a total of 4 tickets that day.

You will have used 10 of the 15 tickets in the booklet, plus two tokens, over the course of the two days. Total cost of two tokens and the ticket booklet will be $46.50, much less than two 2 day transportation passes at $31.50 each for a total of $63, or 12 individual ride $4.50 tokens which would have cost $54. As a bonus,  the tickets don't expire, so you can keep the five unused tickets for use on a future trip to Bermuda.

Edited by njhorseman

40 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

You will have used 10 of the 15 tickets in the booklet, plus two tokens, over the course of the two days. Total cost of two tokens and the ticket booklet will be $46.50, much less than two 2 day transportation passes at $31.50 each for a total of $63, or 12 individual ride $4.50 tokens which would have cost $54. As a bonus,  the tickets don't expire, so you can keep the five unused tickets for use on a future trip to Bermuda.

njhorseman, thanks for all the helpful info you have been posting. I have been to Bermuda before, but can not remember whether there are free "transfers" between some buses? Does that exist? 

8 hours ago, mets07 said:

njhorseman, thanks for all the helpful info you have been posting. I have been to Bermuda before, but can not remember whether there are free "transfers" between some buses? Does that exist? 

Glad to be of some help.

Yes, there are free transfers between connecting bus lines. Just ask the driver of the first bus for the transfer paper. They're only good for a continuous trip and don't permit a stopover so you're required to take the first connecting bus .