San Pedro luggage

Crystal04

I am crusing on Royal Princess out of San Pedro. I expected the boarding process to take place around 11am like it does in Port Everglades and just received an email stating that it begins at 1:30. My flight comes into lgb airport day of cruise at 830am. Would I be able to drop my luggage off around 930-10 and then leave and come back at 230? 

2 hours ago, Crystal04 said:

I am crusing on Royal Princess out of San Pedro. I expected the boarding process to take place around 11am like it does in Port Everglades and just received an email stating that it begins at 1:30. My flight comes into lgb airport day of cruise at 830am. Would I be able to drop my luggage off around 930-10 and then leave and come back at 230? 

I've dropped my luggage at the pier and walked into Downtown San Pedro, had lunch at San Pedro Brewing Co., then returned later...Just a note, though, that was on a cruise with late boarding due to a Norovirus-related cleaning.

But, OTOH, I've never paid attention to when they tell me to board anyway--I've usually just gone to the pier early and, other than the Norovirus thing, have always been able to board my Princess cruises before lunch...

If I had to guess, based on my 7 prior Princess cruises out of San Pedro, I am thinking that 1) You WILL be able to drop off your luggage fairly early and 2) You can board before that 1:30 announced time...

Like said above, no problem dropping your luggage with the porters and coming back later.  But your already there, might as well start your check in process, it won't be that long and you'll be able to board early.  Go to the MDR for a nice relaxing lunch.