Edge - which deck best (if we book infinite balcony)

LSKC

Still undecided on O/V room (much cheaper) or an infinite balcony. Options for infinite balcony are: deck 6, 7, 8 or 9. Which deck would you recommend and why? and any areas where we should avoid so we don't have obstructions? I'd prefer to be able to look down to the water below but i don't know if that is an option on this ship. 

Thanks for any input.

I would definitely stay away from 6 (lifeboats) and go with 8 or 9, though price-wise, there are some less expensive E3's on 7. Yes, you can look down at the water - the higher up, usually the better the view overall.

You should think about whether you want the bed by the veranda or by the bath. Some like the bed near the veranda to see the ocean from bed and it opens up the room more (and easier to get into closet). Others like being near the bath so that the living area is continuous with veranda (and when by the veranda, the bed is very close to the veranda).

You should also think about port or starboard. If you want to be on the side viewing ports (usually), choose starboard. I wouldn't get too close to the Magic Carpet, but it is fun to watch it go up and down and fun to watch tendering, if any tender ports on your cruise. The port side avoids the Magic Carpet, if you prefer.

I would avoid the corner of a bump out and the cabin next to a bump out, connecting cabins and those too far forward or aft.

If you want to post some available cabins or let us know what date your cruise is, we could make some recommendations.

Obstructed cabin view list:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/EDGE_Percent_Obstructed_View.pdf

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I would definitely stay away from 6 (lifeboats) and go with 8 or 9, though price-wise, there are some less expensive E3's on 7. Yes, you can look down at the water - the higher up, usually the better the view overall.

You should think about whether you want the bed by the veranda or by the bath. Some like the bed near the veranda to see the ocean from bed and it opens up the room more (and easier to get into closet). Others like being near the bath so that the living area is continuous with veranda (and when by the veranda, the bed is very close to the veranda).

You should also think about port or starboard. If you want to be on the side viewing ports (usually), choose starboard. I wouldn't get too close to the Magic Carpet, but it is fun to watch it go up and down and fun to watch tendering, if any tender ports on your cruise. The port side avoids the Magic Carpet, if you prefer.

I would avoid the corner of a bump out and the cabin next to a bump out, connecting cabins and those too far forward or aft.

If you want to post some available cabins or let us know what date your cruise is, we could make some recommendations.

Obstructed cabin view list:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/EDGE_Percent_Obstructed_View.pdf

All great advice, thank you so much.

How do you know from their website deck plans which cabins have beds by the balcony vs beds by the bathroom?

12 minutes ago, LSKC said:

All great advice, thank you so much.

How do you know from their website deck plans which cabins have beds by the balcony vs beds by the bathroom?

This thread may help. There are a few that are incorrect on the deck plans. I think I put a list at the end of this thread. 🙂

• Like 1

We had an IV on deck 7 starboard fairly close to the mid elevators. The bed was by the veranda as I try to stay away from bed by bath. I loved the IV rooms and would book them again in a heartbeat.

Mary Ann

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I was surprised looking at the bump outs for the bed on the deck plans that there were some that didn't match with the cabin pictures on cruisedeckplans... I would have trusted the deck plans but now know not to.

This is the list of verified cabins that don't match so far - if anyone can add to this it would be great.

image.png.42075d31fd6cb861d0a95666b4637d00.png