tanzanian visa from cruise ship

fluffybear

Howdy fluffybear! emo22.gif

Thank you for your post and welcome to Cruise Critic! 👍

Since your post is a question regarding one particular country/city, I have moved your thread to the Ports of Call - Africa & Middle East forum where it will be on topic. Hopefully your fellow Cruise Critic members will be able to help you here.

Cruise Critic is a great resource and we are so glad you found us! emo34.gif  Please feel free to browse the Categories list. Read a few threads in various forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Anytime you want to start a new thread on any forum, make sure you are on the correct forum for your topic. Word your new thread title in a way to help the members know exactly the information you seek. This will help the members that know the information and they will reply to you. It is best to limit each inquiry to only one topic or concerning one cruise line, ship, port of call, etc. and of course, on the correct forum. emo3.gif  You will get more replies that way. Be sure to mention your cruise line, ship, port or sail date in your inquiry if it will help the members with their answers.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication!

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful to a new member and so glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny keys!

7 hours ago, fluffybear said:

applying for visa without using  visa company.....how to apply for Tanzanian tourist visa arriving in Zanzibar on a cruise ship....There is no box on the tanzanian visa form that states port of entry ....Help required

Have you asked your cruise company if they will supply the visa for Zanzibar?

For land entry to Tanzania, I always just got it at the airport in person. $50US in newer clean bills. $100 for US citizens. Should be availsble from port as well. What are the impossible questions? Here is the TripAdvisor thread that may offer insight https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g293747-i9226-k12128434-Tanzania_eVisa_Online_Visa-Tanzania.html

Ensure you are applying for the single entry visa, not the transit visa....and you will be using the same entry exit....thus, not transiting.

Also, are you up to date with their yellow fever requirements?

Edited by mef_57
further information

Yes yellow fever ok. Sailing into Zanzibar on a cruise ship for one day visit. E visa question I cannot answer   Q which air port are you landing and departing Q. Which land border are you landing and departing. There is no mention of Port arrival from Cruise ship. I am stuck.  Do I tel embassy for Tanzania

Are you applying for the actual single visit visa?  And if you wouldn't mind, what country are you applying from?  I can try and look through it online.

Did you get any answer from the TripAdvisor thread?

Embassy, now that I think about it, you can apply through there, but it was still more than if you just did it at landing.  I might ask whether there is a process to get the visa at the Zanzibar port. I know often the port screening is rather simplified.

Hi BlueLadyBlue.....After much difficulty in obtaining the relevant information from My Cruise Company   Cruise and Maritime and from the The Travel Visa Company . (the visa company has been totally unhelpful to independents  e visa applications)

I have obtained the shipping agents address in Zanzibar  and telephone number and e mail address from Cruise and Maritime. This information is to fill the section on Host....If you wish me to  forward this to you please reply

for other sections....I am going to put MV MARCO POLO....I have just been granted my Indian Visa   (ONE SUCCESS) Sri Lanka and Tasmanian visa still to apply....Please contact me for more help.....I will not be obtaining these visa through the visa company   -01257249479

Fluffybear

we are also sailing with CMV on the Marco Polo Africa & Indian Ocean cruise in January.  If you could email the information to me, I would be extremely grateful. Trying to apply for this visa is starting to make me question my intelligence!

lonnierumney at sign gmail dot com

For some reason I can’t use the actual at sign in this message.

Thank you 

Hi BlueLadyBlue.....After much difficulty in obtaining the relevant information from My Cruise Company   Cruise and Maritime and from the The Travel Visa Company . (the visa company has been totally unhelpful to independents  e visa applications)

I have obtained the shipping agents address in Zanzibar  and telephone number and e mail address from Cruise and Maritime. This information is to fill the section on Host....If you wish me to  forward this to you please reply

for other sections....I am going to put MV MARCO POLO....I have just been granted my Indian Visa   (ONE SUCCESS) Sri Lanka and Tasmanian visa still to apply....Please contact me for more help.....I will not be obtaining these visa through the visa company   -01257249479

IMG_3202.thumb.JPG.af936fa27314f9de787ab7ecc0ea8e08.JPGIMG_3202.thumb.JPG.af936fa27314f9de787ab7ecc0ea8e08.JPGHi Blue Lady....Did you sale on the Arcadia world cruise Jan 2019.

Cruise and Maritime have not been helpful in providing information to complete the Tanzanian visa.....I would say they could not care......They just direct us passengers to the Visa company.....Cruise and Maritime do not want to be bothered with passengers.although they must have provided to my booking agent the name and address of referees in India for the Indian Visa ...I have been granted the e visa for India......I do hope  Cruise and Maritime will have a more caring attitude once on board....There behavior in this Visa application has been challenging

.Do Cruise and Maritime think we passengers do not have a brain....In order to Complete the Tanzanian Visa information on the question of HOST whist in Tanzania (in our case Zanzibar) this information can only be obtained from Cruise and Maritime alone.After many tel call and e mail to customer services (CMV)  I have finally received the information on the question HOST   The correct tel number (MOBILE) is   +255 222128377 and not the one printed on the address  (from CMV) all other question i would suggest MV MARCO POLO

Any problems or your success please let me know....as I have not applied yet for a Tanzanian Visa

Thank you.  I will definitely let you know how I make out.  Now having an issue with my MacBook Air as it won't let me access any of my photos.

We were not on the world cruise unfortunately.  This will be our first CMV cruise.

Haven't started on the India visa yet.  We did get one a number of years ago which required a three hour drive, each way, to their place in Toronto.  The first time we went they decided it was to soon to apply so we had to go back again a week or two later.  Ugh.  At least now it's online and having done it once am hopeful all will be well.

Fingers crossed.

Are we on the same cruise?

Oh, also received your email.  Thank you.

Edited by BlueLadyBlue
add a bit

yes same cruise  CMV Marco Polo sailing from Bristol (uk) 6th Jan 2020...good luck  Indian Visa 120 days before landing  you can apply now....Have you got the names of the referees in India...you need this to complete e visa....SRI LANKA VISA....I believe valid for 3 moths from the date of application ....same for Tasmanian e visa......Hope I have got the right...let me know....or you could go through a Visa Company and pay their fees

9 minutes ago, fluffybear said:

yes same cruise  CMV Marco Polo sailing from Bristol (uk) 6th Jan 2020...good luck  Indian Visa 120 days before landing  you can apply now....Have you got the names of the referees in India...you need this to complete e visa....SRI LANKA VISA....I believe valid for 3 moths from the date of application ....same for Tasmanian e visa......Hope I have got the right...let me know....or you could go through a Visa Company and pay their fees

See you on board.

No I don't have the referees for India but would be grateful if you would share!  

referees for INDIAN e visa........as photo.......all other questions  (not compulsory)  answer NA  (not available)....last visa...(if you do not know number and details  answer with 0000000000 and NA....anything else I can help with please contact me through this chat or my e mail.....IMG_3203.thumb.JPG.4d21b6a63c32e99aa06d3f710b4fafe6.JPG

with thanks.....To be safe I will apply after the 14th NOV  which is 3 months from arrival date   (a lot of effort for a few hrs stay)  I am wondering if we need this visa at all if a passenger elects not to go ashore....You will also need (I think) a letter headed with cruise and maritime showing your booking  along with passport and separate photo to upload.....Do you know if SRI LANKA VISA is 3 months or 6 months

When will be the start date of the visa and What are the Maximum days of stay in Tanzania?
All Visas are valid from the date issued. 90 days from the date of entry/arrival.
On the Visa application form, what is the reference in Tanzania?
Name, address and phone number of your contact person in Tanzania, if you don’t have contact person, the name, address and phone number of hotel/accommodation while in Tanzania.
JUST FOUND THIS INFORMATION
Might be different for UK or Canada....I will stick to 3 months and then it says 14 days for approval