Deck 6 infinite veranda recommends?

LSKC

Aft or forward DECK 6 infinite veranda opinions. Can i see any photos to understand how the life boats would affect view/obstructions?

Have a good price (much cheaper/pp) on these I'm assuming because they are less desirable. Mid ship are over $600CAD/pp more on the same deck 6.

Photos or info appreciated. I do have the spreadsheet that shows percentage obstructions and rooms listed.

Thanks

There aren't a lot that I would recommend, but just by obstructions and and venues below I would probably recommend the green areas below (red bracketed areas have lifeboats and tenders - the davits have the vertical lines - the 3 middle cabins between the davits are the least obstructed - the two closet to the davits may have an antenna sticking up). There are pictures of the ship with green lines that sort of mark those same areas. Green = go,  red= no

If you have a specific cabin in mind, maybe could help further. 🙂

1932097575_deck6obstructed.thumb.jpg.2481cb4bce5764ab4a9500979b27def5.jpg

Port Aft

1315484601_deck6markedbadgood.thumb.jpg.bb878209d7bf87af571d45aa9eb0e183.jpg

Port Midship

2120639421_portmidshipgoodbad.jpg.57c8dfaf0f54ad1aec397454d6e335ef.jpg

Starboard Aft

463319128_starboardaftgoobad.thumb.jpg.3db0192e7b1792bc8ac85ca425376b8f.jpg

Starboard Midship near Magic Carpet - ? if want to be that close

1716624730_starnearMCgoodbad.thumb.jpg.d3723803e3a2166af6cc667bf4173dfe.jpg

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 4:34 PM, vtcruising said:

Starboard Aft

463319128_starboardaftgoobad.thumb.jpg.3db0192e7b1792bc8ac85ca425376b8f.jpg

Do you know what it is that is located under 6266? is it a smoking area or outside dining? Wondering what it is and if it will affect noise level/smoke etc. Thanks! you have been so helpful!

36 minutes ago, LSKC said:

Do you know what it is that is located under 6266? is it a smoking area or outside dining? Wondering what it is and if it will affect noise level/smoke etc. Thanks! you have been so helpful!

There is a post in the Edge Cabin Review sticky for that cabin. They really liked it. It overlooks the Blu outside tables, but they are not used often, according to some people who have reviewed AQ and dine in Blu. No smoking below - there is a smoking area on 5 on the port side way aft.

Here is the view. The link to the complete review is below. It looks like a winner! 🙂

image.png.2baf674d9befe4a77392c55dbe7adab3.png

Edited by vtcruising

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I found this picture:

image.png.e88197df54700a88a35a658bfaaa1259.png

Thank you - such amazing information to know. It looks like we would also be safe booking 6264, 6262. i wonder port side if there is a similar "sweet spot" that is cheapest IV's.

11 minutes ago, LSKC said:

Thank you - such amazing information to know. It looks like we would also be safe booking 6264, 6262. i wonder port side if there is a similar "sweet spot" that is cheapest IV's.

I think it is a little dicier port side, with the smoking nearby, the speaker outside Eden and the Eden outside seating. The circled ones below, 6261-6269 might be okay. The speaker is down near the canopy to the right, the seating under that canopy area and smoking a little further down.

image.thumb.png.984ed44668592ccf817d11808502e7af.png

Edited by vtcruising

• 2 weeks later...

We had 6126 last December and it was excellent. Nothing obstructed our view except to the left there is a structural slope of the bulge that would impede those in cabins to the left of us.

There was a piece of gantry below on the right but nothing to be bothered about.

The other good thing about this cabin was that the one next to us on the right was indented back slightly so you never saw the occupants when you lent out.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ohiolovescrusing said:

Between 6121 and 6279 any thoughts?  The smoke would be ok, conversations etc may be more distracting, and ship movement.   Have 6121 right now, hoping maybe to move to an E3 on Deck 7 but not sure will work out.  Not sure how that upfront one is?

I would personally stick with 6121, if you can't move to an E3 on 7 (those look good). The two issues with 6121 cabin might be:

1) There is a crew walkway outside those cabins. I don't think people walking by is an issue as much as the view down is obstructed. Here is a picture of a view out of a nearby cabin.

image.png.16cd162604c85cfa4ae36ed553f1a79b.png

image.png.5f4fa92f3387dcd13aca83ff01d43f5e.png

2) Someone in # 6115 reported theater noise underneath. It looks like 6121 would be far enough down to not be over the stage, so hopefully not an issue.

6279 is over the Eden outside speaker - they may or may not use that much, but if they do, it would be noisy. Also, people do walk by that area and there is seating below that cabin so may hear talking when window open.

Here is a picture of 6279 and the speaker is circled below. Someone above it on deck 8 heard that speaker a year ago. When I checked it again in January, the sound was low, but it was on. I think I would avoid that area.

image.thumb.png.8ac47130d138df4eb433c4539bee63da.png

Edited by vtcruising

8 minutes ago, ohiolovescrusing said:

Thanks for thoughts.  No-go on E3 for now.  Sticking w 6121...

Sounds good - you will have a great view outward 180 degrees. If you haven't hit final payment yet, maybe there will be some cancellations at that time and something will open up, if you still are looking for an E3. 🙂

Just now, ohiolovescrusing said:

Didn’t want to pay the price they wanted for the E3... Prices have increased quite a bit in the last few days. We will enjoy what we have. 

We didn't spend a lot of time in our cabin - too much to see and do on the Edge! 🙂