SBC- can I add to in advance?

Petoonya

My husband is slowing down, not full on dementia, but slow to remember and comprehend. But he DOES understand SBC very well! On our last cruise we ended up with over $1200 SBC and he loved buying himself a new watch with what he deemed "free money". We have a much more paltry amount SBC on our next cruise and I'm wondering if it's possible to add money to our SBC in advance? Not wanting to put in as much as $800 that I'd get with Olife. Just enough to make husband feel like he's got a small hole burning in his pocket. It's only at $350 now- bumping up to $800 would make him happy.

Yeah, I could wait until tomorrow to ask my TA and I will, but if someone knows and is willing to share tonight...........?

Edited by Petoonya

2 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

My husband is slowing down, not full on dementia, but slow to remember and comprehend. But he DOES understand SBC very well! On our last cruise we ended up with over $1200 SBC and he loved buying himself a new watch with what he deemed "free money". We have a much more paltry amount SBC on our next cruise and I'm wondering if it's possible to add money to our SBC in advance? Not wanting to put in as much as $800 that I'd get with Olife. Just enough to make husband feel like he's got a small hole burning in his pocket. It's only at $350 now- bumping up to $800 would make him happy.

Yeah, I could wait until tomorrow to ask my TA and I will, but if someone knows and is willing to share tonight...........?

Do you have loyalty status? Silver would get you $250 in nonrefundable SBC. And if your TA is covering gratuities, Silver would get you "in lieu" for its normal coverage of gratuities. Depending on cruise length, it could be up to $250 additional nonrefundable SBC. 

Add to that whatever commission sharing your TA is adding in refundable SBC (perhaps 5-10% of the commissionable fare) and you should have a reasonable "chunk of change."

I do not know if you can outright prepay them, however, if your TA or Oceania says no, try adding via an onboard gift!!   Give it to yourself!    Here is a link to the information about bon voyage gifts.  It is $100 for a $100 OBC gift!  And I would guess you can buy multiples, so here is a solution!   Enjoy!!   

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/bonvoyagegifts/26643/Bon-Voyage-Gifts.pdf

Flatbush, we have an inside guarantee- thus gratuities only from TA. Loyalty and something else gives us only $350.

Crusefor me....that's what I'll do! Thanks so much, exactly what I was looking for.

And LHT, but I will wait to ask TA and see if I can add directly.

Yes, I think it can be easily done(I wanted to say just take everything down to Hiway 61, but no one would know what I'm talking about)

Sorry I digress, I just did this a couple of months ago. Just call or email your TA and let them know how much you want to buy

On 11/4/2019 at 9:43 AM, ORV said:

Yes, I think it can be easily done(I wanted to say just take everything down to Hiway 61, but no one would know what I'm talking about)

Sorry I digress, I just did this a couple of months ago. Just call or email your TA and let them know how much you want to buy

Abe said man you must be puttin me on. 🤗