Questions regarding “Celebration package”

2Oldpeopleinlove

We've purchased the $250 package that includes flowers, chocolates, a bottle of LP La Cuvee brut, a half bottle of the same with breakfast in bed, a formal portrait, and robes and slippers. If anyone here has done this, could you please answer a few questions?

Does the purchased champagne replace the Pol Acker or appear in addition to it?

How do they manage the breakfast? Do we order just like any other room service breakfast?

What size is the photograph?

Are the robes the same as those we will have to use in our stateroom? That is, are we given fresh ones to take home? And are they exactly the same quality/type?

Same question for the slippers: fresh ones? Different ?

Oh, and are the chocolates the four-piece box of Godivas?

Thank you for any information. We've already bought this, as I said, but anticipation is half the fun for me.

• Like 1

Looking on the VP for my upcoming cruise there are some additional details about the celebration package.

The photo size is 8x10.  It doesn't say if that's inches or cm though!

The bathrobes and slippers are described as 'luxury Cunard' ones - i expect they are similar to the ones you can buy in the spa.  I would hope(!) they give you new ones.

Though unless you particularly want some hotel style bathrobes and slippers, I would personally save the money and bring my own champagne and chocolates on board, and pay for the photo separately.  

2 hours ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

We've purchased the $250 package that includes flowers, chocolates, a bottle of LP La Cuvee brut, a half bottle of the same with breakfast in bed, a formal portrait, and robes and slippers. If anyone here has done this, could you please answer a few questions?

How do they manage the breakfast? Do we order just like any other room service breakfast?

Are the robes the same as those we will have to use in our stateroom? That is, are we given fresh ones to take home? And are they exactly the same quality/type?

Thank you for any information. We've already bought this, as I said, but anticipation is half the fun for me.

The package bubbly is in addition to the Pol Acker.

The breakfast is on any morning you select - call room service to arrange the time

The photo is framed 8 by 10 inches - you can chose which of several photos to put into the frame. The formal nights have several background setups, and you can have multiple photos taken.

In 2017 we had the 'bon voyage' package [did not see it offered online in the VP for this year] which did not include robes - I think the included robes are fancier than the Britannia cabin robes. I don't know is there is more than one grade of slipper.

I recall that the chocolates where a larger box - perhaps 8 pieces.

2 hours ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

Clearly, our choice doesn't suit anyone who condescended to reply. Even so, I didn't..and don't...think asking for information was an invitation to this kind of reply. Now that I see these, however, I can understand it if no one with information from experience chooses to offer usable facts. 

i won't make this kind of mistake again.

I think you made an excellent choice. This is a special occasion and one you want to remember. The robes will be new, and the photo something to visualize the trip. There are always folks on the board that are shall we say 'value conscious' and cannot imagine why anyone would spend money for something they enjoy when they could get it on the cheap. 

Don't let them stop you from asking questions or positing thoughts. 

I am an old geezer. I worked hard, raised my family and provided well for them and their off spring. I don't have a problem paying for first class air, or upgraded accommodation on QM 2, though I could fly coach and travel in an inside room for a whole lot less. But when I close my eyes the last time (in twenty or twenty five years or so) I want to be able to say to me, that I enjoyed life as much as I could. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think the package sounds wonderful! What a treat!

We actually purchased the robes and they are so thick and luxurious!  They were new in the package when they arrived.

Please take some comments with a grain of salt.  I think many here look at the glass half empty.

Enjoy your package and trip! 
Bon Voyage!

• Thanks 1

I did the package for the chocolates; champagne and flowers for my partners birthday

Yes it wasn't cheap for what it was but we wouldn't have ordered flowers for the room and champagne BUT we have photos of it for life and my partner was bkown away with it

So enjoy it 

Its like anything in life - If YOU feel its worth buying etc then do it as there will always be someone who does NOT think its worth it.

Happy cruising

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a specific reply to the OP's question but I can report that the robe available for purchase on board QM2 is very thick and fluffy and I was/am very glad I bought it. I use it all the time at home. And it has 'Cunard' embroidered in gold thread on the chest making every time I wear it feel a bit like I'm still in holiday-mode. I assume those in the celebration package would be the same if not similar.

• Thanks 1

We had the same package, bubbles were great, nice half bottle to go with the room breakfast, flowers almost lasted the whole 14 days, photo is 8x10 just have your photo taken as many times as you like then select the one you want and submit the voucher when it comes to pay (If selecting on one of the digital screens then get one of the girls to place a note on the order of DNC do not charge) slippers and gowns were in addition to what was placed in the room but, they are not the white fluffy ones with the gold embroidery as previously mentioned they have a white logo and the material is like a waffle pattern. 

After a couple of days we got upgraded to a grill suite and the dressing gowns were the real nice fluffy ones so I am not sure if you get these in the package if you are in this calibre of room. 

IMG_0239.jpeg

IMG_0694.jpeg

IMG_0702.jpeg

Edited by Mikey_Malone
Add Photos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey_Malone said:

, they are not the white fluffy ones with the gold embroidery as previously mentioned they have a white logo and the material is like a waffle pattern. 

After a couple of days we got upgraded to a grill suite and the dressing gowns were the real nice fluffy ones so I am not sure if you get these in the package if you are in this calibre of room. 

This sounds similar to my experience.  In BC I got the waffle style dressing gown which was like the dressing gown you might get in a reasonable 4 star hotel.  In QG it was a fluffy one, more like the type you get in a 5 star hotel.

its a bit disappointing Cunard don’t give you the better quality one as part of the paid package - especially as they describe it as luxury in the marketing blurb.

Thanks again for the kind and informative replies.

we're in a Britannia balcony, but if that means waffle robes, we're fine with those. A fifty-pound lapdog makes frequent washing a necessity, anyway. 

For many years, this was out of reach for us as well, #55, so I can hope for you that you see some of the same changes we have seen. And thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have been lucky enough to to cruise in princess twice, but mostly regular balcony cabin..the robes are definitely plush in princess, so much that I bought one to take home for $75..

we are on this Sunday for the 16 nyc to nyc voyage, and although I will miss the plush robe, the other robe is fine...some hotels nowadays don’t even provide robs...

your package sounds like fun..enjoy,..the flowers from the ship do last quite a while..

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

Thanks again for the kind and informative replies.

we're in a Britannia balcony, but if that means waffle robes, we're fine with those. A fifty-pound lapdog makes frequent washing a necessity, anyway. 

For many years, this was out of reach for us as well, #55, so I can hope for you that you see some of the same changes we have seen. And thank you.

The waffle ones are still lush 🙂 enjoy your trip and have fun! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

If Cunard know how to do one thing, it's celebrating a special occasion. It will be worth every penny and the memories will be priceless. Keep up with the anticipation. I know you wont be disappointed. 

• Like 2