Christmas on Carnival

xitappers2bx

We've sailed on ships during Christmas time but being Jewish, haven't actually ever decorated for Christmas.  I'm feeling the holiday-ish spirit this year though and wanted to surprise my kiddo with some decorations.  Their website is pretty ambiguous on what is and isn't allowed, "fire retardant materials," and "no string lights," what does that leave?

If you've decorated for the holidays while on board, can you offer up some ideas and maybe even a photo?  

Some bring a battery operated menorah for their cabin. Carnival doesn't permit electric holiday lights that need to be plugged in. Small holiday inflatables for the cabin have been mentioned on this site as a favorite decoration for some. It seems those don't take up much room in your luggage and are easy to repack.

Edited by sanmarcosman

52 minutes ago, stellarose said:

OMG. we are Jewish traveling on Carnival during Hanukkah. I am hoping they have stuff on board to light the candles. I am bering my Mench on the bench. 

I've cruised a few times during Hanukkah; there's no candles allowed--they will take your menorah and your candles.  I just got a nice battery operated menorah on Zion Judaica's website for like $40 that i'll toss into my front window next year.  They do have a giant menorah in the atrium they light each night.

I also found some amazing ugly Hanukkah sweaters ('lets get lit" and "oy to the world") and some stupid cute hannucats shirts to wear with my teenager on Etsy.  

What Carnival ship are you on?  We're doing the Magic out of FLL.

11 hours ago, xitappers2bx said:

I've cruised a few times during Hanukkah; there's no candles allowed--they will take your menorah and your candles.  I just got a nice battery operated menorah on Zion Judaica's website for like $40 that i'll toss into my front window next year.  They do have a giant menorah in the atrium they light each night.

I also found some amazing ugly Hanukkah sweaters ('lets get lit" and "oy to the world") and some stupid cute hannucats shirts to wear with my teenager on Etsy.  

What Carnival ship are you on?  We're doing the Magic out of FLL.

Port Canaveral - breeze. Happy Early Hanukkah

Besides the candle lighting ceremony we have been on ships that also have supplied latkes/grape juice and fruit as a nosh. They would hold a small ceremony (run by cruise ship staff that were Jewish) usually outside the piano bar area.  The first night would be sparsly attended, but by the 3rd of 4th night many people would stop by to partake in the food and fun.

• Like 1