Athens

shyla100

We have done BTB’s there and have found it is very easy to use the Metro (about a 15 minute walk from the port). There are stops near the Acropolis and the wonderful Archeological Museum.  As a bonus in preparation for the last Olympics they held there many of the metro stations showcase numerous archeological treasures that were unearthed when the were building the expanded metro.

I want to mention that tourists must be vigilant against the notorious reputation of Athens’ cab drivers.

This means starting your taxi journey from a “regulated” starting point such as your hotel, the port where your disembark, or other place that might allow you to ascertain the fixed or approximate fare before you set off.

Three years ago at the taxi queue below the Acropolis museum we joined a taxi for the ship. Halfway there - I recognised the route - the driver started complaining about the route and then started talking up a higher and different fare. When we objected we demanded to be let out and as he left he flipped open the boot/trunk so we could not take down his registration for the complaint I had decided to make to the port tourist police. This shows he does it all the time. I have never experienced anything like this elsewhere in Europe.

Happy and healthy sailing!

23 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

Georges Taxi. Very reliable, will pick you up at the ship,and will put together a tour for you. I've used them several times, as have others on CC 

Agreed. Fabulous service. Got us a great private tour guide for the Acropolis as well.