Believe that we booked last guaranteed inside cabin w/ only W/C acc cabin available on deck plans

irisheileen

Hello,

As subject mentions, when I was comparing pricing on RCCL's deck plan availability with a travel website there was only an accessible inside Cabin showing for availability to *select* OR *guaranteed cabin* to select.

I (for the 1st time) chose the *guaranteed* inside cabin since it was cheaper.  We have always chosen our cabin in the past. Now that I booked that *guaranteed* inside, the inside's are sold out for this cruise.

So, it would appear that I *may* be placed in that last inside cabin - which happens to be W/C Accessible.  It could be awkward if we ARE assigned that cabin 😨 since we do not have any ADA disabilities. But, it's not our fault if we are.  My question is... does this assignment routinely happen? And, do you think there will be comments made by cabin steward or maybe even other passengers? (thinking that we purposely booked an accessible cabin)

Just now, GUT2407 said:

It isn’t unheard of for a guarantee to e aside an accessible cabin, but it may not be you who gets it, but one of the other guarantee bookings.

If we do, does your experience here on the boards suggest we will have problems?

I booked an inside gty on a B2B on Princess to Alaska.  When I got my cabin assignment, it was an accessible cabin.  A HUGE accessible cabin.  I emailed my TA about it, and she said Princess knew I didn't need it, but it was probably the only inside available for both legs of my cruise.  I felt guilty, but noone said a word.  EM

• Like 1

I have no gripe with someone booking a guarantee and being assigned an accessible cabin. What I do have a gripe with is that some lines a guarantee costs less than any of the accessible cabins of that type, so to get an accessible cabin you have to pay more, and no chance of an upgrade free or paid.

21 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I booked an inside gty on a B2B on Princess to Alaska.  When I got my cabin assignment, it was an accessible cabin.  A HUGE accessible cabin.  I emailed my TA about it, and she said Princess knew I didn't need it, but it was probably the only inside available for both legs of my cruise.  I felt guilty, but noone said a word.  EM

Thank you. Sounds strange but I'm kind of glad it happened to somebody else so that I won't feel strange if it happens to me. I have a disabled paralyzed nice and I would not want to ever purposely take away and accessible cabin for somebody.

5 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

I have no gripe with someone booking a guarantee and being assigned an accessible cabin. What I do have a gripe with is that some lines a guarantee costs less than any of the accessible cabins of that type, so to get an accessible cabin you have to pay more, and no chance of an upgrade free or paid.

Oh I see your point I never thought of that.

One time my mother and I were on a 10 day cruise to Mexico in a Balcony cabin and got surprised by the upgrade fairy three days before the cruise with a Mini-Suite.  When we got on board, we found out it was a handicap accessible mini.  HUGE.  It was nice for my mom as she sometimes has mobility issues, but generally, she does not need that.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mibele said:

One time my mother and I were on a 10 day cruise to Mexico in a Balcony cabin and got surprised by the upgrade fairy three days before the cruise with a Mini-Suite.  When we got on board, we found out it was a handicap accessible mini.  HUGE.  It was nice for my mom as she sometimes has mobility issues, but generally, she does not need that.  

I hope that the upgrade fairy sprinkles some pixie dust on us!