La Gomera

Doing the Canarian Flavours starting 22 November on Explorer. Been following Explorer on MarineTraffic site for a while and noticed todays stop at La Gomera was abandoned after a short while and now is heading straight to Maderia. I'm guessing it was too rough for tenders to operate. Is this common at this time of year for this port?

2 hours ago, FuzzyDuckUK said:

Doing the Canarian Flavours starting 22 November on Explorer. Been following Explorer on MarineTraffic site for a while and noticed todays stop at La Gomera was abandoned after a short while and now is heading straight to Maderia. I'm guessing it was too rough for tenders to operate. Is this common at this time of year for this port?

La Gomera is a short stop just the same as La Palma on the alternate week , its a long drag to Maderia so they need to depart the southern isles around mid afternoon. Also Gomera is not a tender port (been twice) its got a good quay.

Edited by okavango

46 minutes ago, FuzzyDuckUK said:

They arrived in the area around 7:30 and left no more than a hour later, the schedule was 15:00. No possibility this was intended.

Now it's cruising at a modest 12Kn towards Maderia. 

OK if thats the times probably too rough to dock ,it is a bit exposed at the quay and not a very big harbour ,very much like la palma if i remember correctly

We circumnavigated Iceland in the remnants of a hurricane in Sept and didn't miss a port.After we sailed 2 sea days to Dublin in a gale force 10 and was only 3 hours late.If anyone can dock,the present Explorer Captain can.

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

A Cunard live from shows it alongside the QE in Tenerife.So it made that port OK.

Confused, cruise ship tracker shows Explorer heading to Lanzerotte, 2.5 metre waves, ship is doing 7 knots? Queen Elizabeth is off Liberia heading to Walvis Bay.

I stated they were berthed together,that was last week.Just quoting LadyL1 live from on Cunard board.My point was that it made Tenerife with no problems to alleviate other posters worries.Woke everyone up though,lol.