Carry on size l

VicRock

I can't find it on Norwegian's site.  They list to carry on a small bag like a backpack. I was thinking of the smallest suitcase on wheels as my carry on.  I know my regular luggage can't exceed 50 lbs.  But wasn't sure if my little suitcase would be too big.  Anyone know their dimensions guideline?

3 minutes ago, VicRock said:

I can't find it on Norwegian's site.  They list to carry on a small bag like a backpack. I was thinking of the smallest suitcase on wheels as my carry on.  I know my regular luggage can't exceed 50 lbs.  But wasn't sure if my little suitcase would be too big.  Anyone know their dimensions guideline?

It has to fit through an airport x-ray scanner. The exact size of the scanners vary from port to port, terminal to terminal. Worst case is that you get turned away at security and have to go out and check your bag at the curb. 

Edited by BirdTravels

3 minutes ago, VicRock said:

It has to fit through the scanner for carry ons  like at the airport.

1 hour ago, mapleleaves said:

The only luggage I took for my trip in Sept was a 21" carryon.   

There was no problem carrying it onboard the Epic in Barcelona.  

thanks.  I measured the one I want to use - it's 18 inches wide & 10 inches deep lying flat.  

Those over-stuffed 22" rollerboards and spinners will fit just fine thru most port's scanner for safety inspection as carry-on, they are generously sized.  Unlike airport security screening, there are no gate dragons, I mean ... airline agents or contractors, with the "sizers" to see if a bag is compliant.  

Don't worry about being over 50 lbs. or 22.7 kg (44 lbs / 20 kg) - porters and/or security certainly not using scales to check.  We sometimes use a Kirkand Signature 22" expandable rollerboard (by Costco) that can weight as much as 55 to 60 lbs. depending on content & it fit thru those x-ray scanners just fine, flown with it as carry-on on JetBlue for years (actually, size-wise closer to 23")

Whatever you've read or seen, they are suggested or recommended guidelines and not strictly enforced.  Just keep in mind, not all NCL ships have facilties to store your bags onboard if the staterooms are not ready and it's not fun to pull or haul them around into elevators and inside the buffet, etc. ... after going up the gangway's incline up to the ship's deck.  

On my first cruise I missed the luggage dropoff point (got swept up in the crowds) and wound up taking my 26" rolling duffel bag through security and then onto the ship. No problem at all, the scanner was more than big enough for my bag.

Luckily it was late enough that rooms were open so I didn't have to drag it around afterward, though...