Health form for Antarctica?

kimanjo

I searched on the Seabourn site, but could'nt find any information/form. Does one need to fill out a health form in order to cruise Antarctica?  I couldn't see one listed on the SB site, or Evacuation Insurance form?  I thought I saw that one was required? Or was I imagining it...

We depart on the Quest on Dec. 19; I am not aware of any health forms required to sail to Antarctica.  I am however aware that your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the completion of your voyageSeabourn can deny boarding.  I did not realize this until last week and had to pay the expedite fees to the US State Dept. and the expedite firm (CBIT) to get our passports in time for the cruise.  My passport expired on June 11, 2020; we disembark the Quest on Jan. 12, 2020.  This was a costly oversight but fortunately we have renewed passports in hand.  BTW we sailed on the Quest earlier this year and met a couple who were denied boarding on the first leg of an extended voyage because of this oversight. 

We are scheduled for the February 2, 2020 cruise and have received nothing regarding a health form. The recently received package that was emailed gave significant information on this trip with nothing regarding current health.

On 11/13/2019 at 3:45 PM, kimanjo said:

I searched on the Seabourn site, but could'nt find any information/form. Does one need to fill out a health form in order to cruise Antarctica?  I couldn't see one listed on the SB site, or Evacuation Insurance form?  I thought I saw that one was required? Or was I imagining it...

We were on the holiday Antarctica cruise last year and no health forms were required. It's a fabulous trip and we thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it.

1 hour ago, mamapirk said:

We were on the holiday Antarctica cruise last year and no health forms were required. It's a fabulous trip and we thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it.

Hi mamapirk, We are going in early February. Did you kayak, and if so,  would you recommend it?

13 minutes ago, lvog said:

Hi mamapirk, We are going in early February. Did you kayak, and if so,  would you recommend it?

We did not, but I do know the spots book up pre-cruise. Kayaking is totally dependent on weather and sea conditions. I would say the first several kayaking excursions on our cruise were canceled. I think that's why people tend to book all spots in advance to ensure they actually get the opportunity.

5 hours ago, mamapirk said:

We did not, but I do know the spots book up pre-cruise. Kayaking is totally dependent on weather and sea conditions. I would say the first several kayaking excursions on our cruise were canceled. I think that's why people tend to book all spots in advance to ensure they actually get the opportunity.

Thanks. I booked for one trip and will give it a try. I’ll let the fates decide since I’m afraid that I’ll regret if I don’t try it.