Latitudes, moved last week to Platinum, points not added yet, new cruise today

podgeandrodge

15 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I was told the same thing.

It's a really silly and confusing thing, though, and totally unnecessary.  All that LATREW means is that the guest is a Latitudes member and will receive whatever benefits on board her Lats status gives her.  Well, that's a tautology and would be the case even if it didn't say LATREW on the reservation (it never used to), and since it doesn't specify the person's Lats tier anyway, it's useless; all of that info is in the reservation system itself.  Then the added disclaimer about the code not providing any Lats points is clearly confusing people, as evidenced just by the discussion in this thread. 

My guess is that people had been seeing that code and assumed that it was the one which earned extra points. Perhaps they have had people chasing up that extra point, so they are trying to clarify.

They are almost there. Just adding the word “additional” before latitudes points at the end would make it much clearer.

This topic has been previously discussed here on CC in 2017

where " LATITUDE" was noted as the code for extra points.  This is consistent with what my NCL PCC had previously advised me.  But I have only once seen this noted on my "Amenities Invoice" that you can request from NCL.  Still, I have received my additional points each time I have booked that promotion.

Just now, SouthLyonCruiser said:

If you have a quality travel agent, to whom you have been loyal, contact him or her and they should be able to get this straightened out.

They've sorted us out onboard with Platinum benefits (though still Gold online). Had a fantastic TBone steak at La Cucina last night as the first free meal and did behind scenes tour of Escape this morning. I think the Platinum has tangible benefits in terms of meals, tour and laundry, it would have been annoying to have missed them. 

• Like 1