Latitudes, moved last week to Platinum, points not added yet, new cruise today

podgeandrodge

Hi all, advice appreciated. 

After a cruise last week we have now got to Platinum  -IF they had added the points,  which should be added within 48 hours. 

However they have yet (4 days later) and we are going on a cruise today so will not show as platinum.

Its only a free meal or 2 etc. but we'd like to get what we are entitled to obviously. 

We've rang NCL over the last 2 days and they are emailing latitudes dept. but still no points.

And no-one seems to be able to get a phone number for the latitudes department. 

We can try to get the ship today to recognise the points but any advice appreciated. 

Thanks.

I recently made several reservations directly through NCL .. On one of the e-mail confirmations there was a notation that the fare I selected was not eligible for  lattitude points. I'm already Platinum Plus with no expectation of reaching Ambassador. So the additional points mean very little to me..

• Thanks 1

I have learned that there is a "Latitudes" representative on-board each vessel.  I sought out that person on my Escape cruise in mid October and he demonstrated an ability to go into the system and verify all manner of information including exactly when I booked my cruise, and my entitlement to additional Latitude points for the cruise.  It may not help with Platinum preference in boarding, but should help on the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NYcruzzer said:

I recently made several reservations directly through NCL .. On one of the e-mail confirmations there was a notation that the fare I selected was not eligible for  lattitude points. I'm already Platinum Plus with no expectation of reaching Ambassador. So the additional points mean very little to me..

This was on our reservation and I'm just curious if this the same notation that you got on your email confirmation that you are referring to?  If so, I wonder why NCL isn't applying the points?? 

883803344_ScreenShot2019-11-15at3_07_55PM.thumb.png.73309bafe8282919654a4f8302f99cee.png

2 minutes ago, Chesneygirl said:

This was on our reservation and I'm just curious if this the same notation that you got on your email confirmation that you are referring to?  If so, I wonder why NCL isn't applying the points?? 

883803344_ScreenShot2019-11-15at3_07_55PM.thumb.png.73309bafe8282919654a4f8302f99cee.png

Yep..that's what I was referring to.. I guess this is something new. 

So, we went to Guest Services,  who directed us to Cruise Consultant desk, who upgraded us to Platinum (i presume they could see the details), and gave us the meal vouchers, ship tour etc. They also emailed Latitudes department so that area will have a lot of emails at this stage!

Thanks. 

• Like 3

I am glad you were able to get your situation resolved.  I am missing points from a cruise I took two months ago.  I tried reporting it online and received no response.  I have tried calling the number posted above.  When you select the option to report a missing cruise, it simply tells you to report it online and they will get back to you.  Very frustrating!

15 minutes ago, NYcruzzer said:

Yep..that's what I was referring to.. I guess this is something new. 

20 minutes ago, Chesneygirl said:

I wonder why would NCL deny anyone earned Latitude points? 

Something seems off to me.

4 hours ago, podgeandrodge said:

After a cruise last week we have now got to Platinum  -IF they had added the points,  which should be added within 48 hours. 

However they have yet (4 days later) and we are going on a cruise today so will not show as platinum.

Its only a free meal or 2 etc. but we'd like to get what we are entitled to obviously. 

We've rang NCL over the last 2 days and they are emailing latitudes dept. but still no points.

We can try to get the ship today to recognise the points but any advice appreciated. 

Thanks.

Did you check your latitudes account to see if your last cruise shows up in your cruise history?

• Thanks 1

The LATREW code does not mean that the cruise won't earn Latitudes points in the ordinary way. The disclaimer means that it doesn't confer any extra Latitudes points. It states that the code refers to Latitudes benefits on board for status already earned. (However, if the booking was made with a double points offer, those will be earned.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

The LATREW code does not mean that the cruise won't earn Latitudes points in the ordinary way. The disclaimer means that it doesn't confer any extra Latitudes points. It states that the code refers to Latitudes benefits on board for status already earned. (However, if the booking was made with a double points offer, those will be earned.)

4 minutes ago, Paul Bogle said:

LATREW is the promo code for latitudes rewards such as the discount on shore excursions, free internet minutes etc. It is not a booking code for a cruise hence it isn't associated with earning any latitudes points.

Thank you so much for clarifying that!

We are Platinum Plus and even though we will most likely never reach Ambassador level, I still want all my points earned! :)

Just now, Oakman58 said:

Did you check your latitudes account to see if your last cruise shows up in your cruise history?

It doesn't show. I heard on the phone that a few Encore maiden voyage hadn't carried over, so perhaps a new ship glitch.

Anyway, got sorted onboard now.

• Like 2

Just now, Cruiser933 said:

I am glad you were able to get your situation resolved.  I am missing points from a cruise I took two months ago.  I tried reporting it online and received no response.  I have tried calling the number posted above.  When you select the option to report a missing cruise, it simply tells you to report it online and they will get back to you.  Very frustrating!

Try latitudes-europe@ncl.com it might help...

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

I was told the same thing.

It's a really silly and confusing thing, though, and totally unnecessary.  All that LATREW means is that the guest is a Latitudes member and will receive whatever benefits on board her Lats status gives her.  Well, that's a tautology and would be the case even if it didn't say LATREW on the reservation (it never used to), and since it doesn't specify the person's Lats tier anyway, it's useless; all of that info is in the reservation system itself.  Then the added disclaimer about the code not providing any Lats points is clearly confusing people, as evidenced just by the discussion in this thread. 

7 hours ago, MaryZ said:

I don't think any of us onboard the Encore TA has gotten our points yet.  We are already way over plat + but they are a little slow with this cruise.

Still waiting for my points from the TA cruise also. When I called NCL, they said they were working on it. 😐

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, podgeandrodge said:

Thanks.

If you have a quality travel agent, to whom you have been loyal, contact him or her and they should be able to get this straightened out.