Seaside Yacht Club Nov. 2 to 16th, 2019

bigblue1952

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

Thanks for getting back to me.  Will report back in June when we board Seaside again.

Glad they have fresh pasta at the pool now.  Pic above is the Seaside YC director (forgot his name).  Is he still onboard Seaside or did he move to another ship?

Robert Bala is still the YC director.

22 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We were on Seaview in the Med in October.  We did not upgrade our beverage package.  We had Venchi gelato every day – they always scanned our card, but no charges ever appeared on our bill.  

I suspect that all the uncertainty on this forum is caused by that constant scanning – even here I wonder if bigblue knows if the intervention of the Hotel Director actually made a difference, or whether the charge would never had shown up anyway.  I think this is MSC's way of protecting the Venchi staff: scan a card for every purchase, and let the computer figure out whether to charge for it [kind of like being carded – at age 72 – by an 18 year old liquor store clerk who was obviously told to CYA].

This is quite possibly the answer.  When I went to get gelato on the Seaside, my wristband was scanned but I was not charged.