Spa Packages Prebook or Not?

mommycruiser

Besides the added gratuity, you will be getting lot cheaper pre-book than onboard.  Specially if you are planning to use more than one or two days, prebook you have (at least it did on my May booking) a week which was not avail onboard.  by booking for a week, it came out to be about 40% cheaper.  Also, did notice on my last three cruises with MSC they don't seems to have much special on board for discounts.

I prebooked a haircut/coloring, massage and facial.  I didn't tip extra and nobody stood around waiting for a tip.  One issue....I went to the spa as soon as I got onboard to book at my chosen times....and none of my chosen times (sea days, late morning or early afternoon) were available for any of my services. IMHO, they save the good times for full paying passengers.  This was on the Meraviglia in Oct.

13 minutes ago, April42749 said:

IMHO, they save the good times for full paying passengers.  This was on the Meraviglia in Oct.

My DW pre-booked the ‘cut & style’ package on MSC Meraviglia in September and made the appointment for the morning of sea day soon after we embarked. She had no problem scheduling an appointment (pre-booked package) on MSC Seaview in the afternoon of elegant night.

12 hours ago, floridian1 said:

According to the Seaside YC concierge - they told me when you prebook it does NOT include gratuity. If you purchase on board it DOES include gratuity. 

He lied to you.

12 hours ago, ashank1m said:

Also, did notice on my last three cruises with MSC they don't seems to have much special on board for discounts.

I also realised that the some years before so common big discounts for spa have disappeared. But sure will be available when the booking situation is bad. So maybe not a bad idea to book in advance but leave space for one more promo on board.