Beverage Package - Do I need to purchase for kids

Kouz123

We have the "free" beverage package on our next cruise, but our kids are in the same stateroom this time. Do I have to buy them a soda package? Will NCL automatically add this to our room. I know a lot of cruise lines require everyone to have a package. 

If guests 1&2 have the promo, other guests are not "forced" to buy any package. Guests 3&4 can pay a la carte for their drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).

If a guests BUYS a package for alcoholic beverages, all other guests in the stateroom that are 21 or older much have (promo or purchase) the same package. If guests are under 21, those guests must buy a soda program. 

If an adult upgrades their package, the other adults must do the same. 

This was one of our concerns prior to embarking the Breakaway the other week. We had 4 guests in the same room, and we had the Premium Beverage Package for the first 2 guests. If the Packages were through the free at sea promo, then the remaining guests are not required to buy the packages.

Does anyone know how the beverage perk is handled/allowed if a two person cabin has one over 21 and one minor?

We have this issue on a cruise next summer in two separate cabins.

If the perk is taken, does the "minor" default to the soda package?

I assume if this is done, they only charge us with the appropriate gratuities ($138.6 for the booze, $11.13 for the soda)

2 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Does anyone know how the beverage perk is handled/allowed if a two person cabin has one over 21 and one minor?

We have this issue on a cruise next summer in two separate cabins.

If the perk is taken, does the "minor" default to the soda package?

I assume if this is done, they only charge us with the appropriate gratuities ($138.6 for the booze, $11.13 for the soda)

You are correct. Once the age of the 2nd person is added, the service charge/gratuity goes down to the appropriate amount. The website can be a bit funky so if it doesn't go down (you'll see the amount in "details"), call NCL and they will correct it.

• Like 1