Oasis Promenade Rooms for 4

LuCruise

When we were on Allure a few years ago, we were able to book a promenade room that had a sofa bed and a Pullman.

From the old deck plans, the Oasis had just a couple of these rooms (indicated by a diamond).  e.g. room 7191 .  The remaining 4 people promenade rooms had a triangle, which meant "stateroom with a sofa bed" (so two kids share).

When doing a mock booking, I noticed that all 4 people promenade rooms now show a star.  Diamond symbol is gone.  The star description says "third Pullman bed available".

So does that mean that they have changed all of these rooms to have a sofa bed and Pullman?  Or would I assume only the few with the diamond from before have this configuration?  The strange thing is the description for the star doesn't say anything about a sofa bed.

I know no one has stayed in yet since refurbishment, but anyone know?

Edited by LuCruise

17 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

When we were on Allure a few years ago, we were able to book a promenade room that had a sofa bed and a Pullman.

From the old deck plans, the Oasis had just a couple of these rooms (indicated by a diamond).  e.g. room 7191 .  The remaining 4 people promenade rooms had a triangle, which meant "stateroom with a sofa bed" (so two kids share).

When doing a mock booking, I noticed that all 4 people promenade rooms now show a star.  Diamond symbol is gone.  The star description says "third Pullman bed available".

So does that mean that they have changed all of these rooms to have a sofa bed and Pullman?  Or would I assume only the few with the diamond from before have this configuration?  The strange thing is the description for the star doesn't say anything about a sofa bed.

I know no one has stayed in yet since refurbishment, but anyone know?

Lu, the description that I get on the TA site only says sleeps up to 4 guests.  It no longer mentions the bedding configuration.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Lu, the description that I get on the TA site only says sleeps up to 4 guests.  It no longer mentions the bedding configuration.

Thanks so much for checking. Have tried searching but don't see anything about them changing the promenade rooms.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My guess is they have not gone to the trouble to change the existing configurations.  They have just adjusted the occupancy levels. 

Thanks. So if we end up going with Oasis, then best to book one of the few rooms that had the diamond shape. (Need to see the rest of the releases, but Oasis is an option).

32 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks. So if we end up going with Oasis, then best to book one of the few rooms that had the diamond shape. (Need to see the rest of the releases, but Oasis is an option).

Looking at the initial pricing we may end up on a Oasis at Christmas in 2021.  Third Christmas in a row.  HM and SY are through the roof even with group pricing.  OA is only slightly higher than 2020.  Just waiting on a Allure to be released for her sailings from Galveston. If the price is similar to OA we may look at that for Christmas.  It’s only 2 hours longer than the drive to Miami.  

Looking at the 8 day Odyssey over March break.  Aruba, Cucaco and Grand Cayman. Just Vikki and I as both kids will be in University.  If that’s priced too high we will be on either Harmony or Symphony. 

Completely agree with you on HM and SY.  Let's see what Allure brings.  

We've never been on Oasis so it's a good option for us too.  Sounds like you've had luck with her at Christmas....and this time you'll have the changes too.

Odyssey would be great too (and another day is a bonus)!  Itinerary is different too.  That'll be a change for you this March break.  

We'll probably wait to see the other March break options...and maybe end of summer too for shorter cruise (if we keep up our pattern).  We're open to any ship as long as it's kid-friendly. 

• Like 1