Toll Charges for Enterprise Rental Car Florida

mattR

I just wanted to see if I'm thinking correctly regarding Toll roads in Florida.  I believe that I will pay $3.95 a day for going through a toll plus the cost of the toll.  For $3.95 it would be nice not to worry about if the road is a toll road or not but if there are other fees above the normal Toll cost and $3.95/day then I would be more concerned about what road google maps takes me on:) 

how the major rental companies handle electronic tolls in FL is summarized on this page

https://www.sunpass.com/en/tolls/rentalVehicles.shtml

two notes:

If you visit 'frequently' you may want to consider purchasing a portable transponder. With the portable SUNPASS ($20) you gain the discounted toll rates and their APP makes it easy to add/delete rental cars. You can order online.

If you are flying into MCO and renting from there you can pickup a FREE loaner transponder:

https://visitortollpass.com/  at this time this program is ONLY available at MCO altho the transponder will work statewide.

Thanks, Capt_BJ. That's a useful summary from the tolling authority.

It should be noted that the rental car companies have different practices for their toll-by-plate programs.  Hertz charges its fee only on days that a toll is incurred. Avis, and some others, charge the fee for every day of the rental period, whether or not a toll is incurred that day.

I like to confirm the current practice when I make the rental, esp if I expect to incur tolls only a few days of a longer rental period.

16 hours ago, iahawkfan21 said:

You are correct, it is $3.95 per day plus cost of the actual tolls.  Note that the $3.95 "convenience" charge is only on days you actually go through a toll.  That's actually not too bad compared to some rental companies I've seen.

Thanks for the confirmation.