Constitution Day in Copenhagen?

We will be staying in Copenhagen for a few days pre-cruise.  One of those days (Friday, June 5th) is Constitution Day, a Danish national holiday.  I did read that many shops will be closed but I am wondering about museums and tourist sights?  Also, should I assume that Tivoli will be mobbed that night because of the holiday?  Is there a parade or any sort of celebration that may be of interest to visitors?  Thanks in advance for any information.

Most stores including department stores are closed.  Museums are generally open, but I would recommend that you research opening hours before.  I don't think there are so many more guests in Tivoli that day.  

Most events are political constitutional events - I have no knowledge of other events except a concert in Botanical Garden (web only in Danish Language)

Edited by hallasm

It has been a number of years, but we were at Copenhagen on Constitution Day and, to our dismay, the museum Ny Carlsberg was closed for the holiday. Later on the cruise, weather mandated we skip one of the tender ports and divert back to Copenhagen. Finally we got to visit that museum and it remains one of our favorites.