Harmony OTS - How to find out if I'm on Traditional or My Time Dining?

PQI

Hello everyone!

It's been a while but I have finally booked another cruise. I will be sailing on Harmony October 11th 2020. Thing is, my last cruise was on Anthem in 2016 and apparently some things have changed since then, especially Royal Caribbean's system. Also, back then even though I am in Brazil the cruise was booked directly with Royal Caribbean in the US and now the cruise is booked through an intermediary in Brazil. Last time I also booked the cruise much closer to the sailing date. And just to complete the mess, this time I booked the cruise through an offer that's been going on here where I just had to select the cabin class and put in a few details.

This offer is for a GTY cabin, and the offer booking system did not allow me to select whether I wanted Traditional Dining or My Time Dining. What I think is weird is that right after I booked, as soon I as was able to enter the reservation number into Royal Caribbean's system, I found out that my cabin number was already assigned, 324 days in advance! And since the system has been completely changed, I can't seem to find where to find out if I have TD or MTD. It just shows my cabin number, allows me to go into Cruise Planner and that's it.

By going into Cruise Planner, I am able to book all the non-complimentary restaurants, but the Main Dining Room doesn't show up in the list. If I go to my schedule and manually ask to create an activity and select "Dining", it shows the MDR as an option but the "Add to cart" button is greyed out. Does this mean I have Traditional Dining?

Happy to be back here at the boards here in CC!

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Your printed (or emailed PDF) booking confirmation should show your dining type assignment.  Request this from whoever booked your  cruise.

Also if you don't like the dining type assignment, ask for a change through whomever you booked the cruise.  Worse case you would be put on a waiting list for desired dining type.

I didn't get a PDF this time (last cruise I did). Must've been either because of the new system in Brazil that works through an intermediary or the Special Offers booking website. Anyways, seems like I'll have to get in touch with them. I'll do that tomorrow. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, RCI killed off Dynamic Dining.

Ah yes, I was aware of that, it was not very long after my cruise. I feel lucky I got to experience it, though. Too bad they have done away with it, my (now) wife was let down when I told her it would not be Dynamic Dining in this cruise. It was the best dining experience I had in a cruise.