Using Dining Plan Credits?

Stace894

Sailing in June.  My husband and I currently have 3 specialty restaurants apiece.  We will be traveling with our son, who currently does not have any specialty dining credits. We would like to try 4 different specialty restaurants.  This would basically mean using 12 "credits" total for all 3 of us to dine.   If I purchase a 6 meal package for my son,,, could we use 3 of his "credits" towards meals for my husband and myself?  I hope this makes sense the way I presented the question and thanks for the help!

The credits aren’t transferable, so no you can’t do that.

You don’t really have many good options. If one of the restaurants you want to go to has a fixed cover charge then you will probably be best getting your son a 4 meal package and paying for that restaurant for you and your husband.

Edited by KeithJenner

6 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

The credits aren’t transferable, so no you can’t do that.

You don’t really have many good options. If one of the restaurants you want to go to has a fixed cover charge then you will probably be best getting your son a 4 meal package and paying for that restaurant for you and your husband.

This is a popular question here, and I agree with this answer.

I would add the a la carte prices can sometimes seem "not worth it" so you may want to factor that into the decision.

4 minutes ago, salty dingo said:

I would add the a la carte prices can sometimes seem "not worth it" so you may want to factor that into the decision.

I’d agree.

I answered based on the decision to try 4 restaurants being fixed, but if I was in this position I would certainly be considering reducing that to 3. The 4th meal is going to be quite expensive.

On 11/24/2019 at 7:14 PM, KeithJenner said:

The 4th meal is going to be quite expensive.

Unless Q is one of the restaurants they want to dine in.  I found the pricing to be very reasonable compared to others and it wasn't a great value to use a dining package "trip" there.