Athens, Greece pre-cruise hotel

hideout

On 4/27/2021 at 8:15 PM, cruisemom42 said:

As recommended above, I also like Athens Gate. Terrific location, very modern and clean, great breakfasts. Walk to the Acropolis sites and museum and less than half a block away is a metro station to take you anywhere else. Also convenient for taxi pick-up to port or arrival from port.

Do you remember the name of the metro station that is nearby the Athens Gate hotel?

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Do you remember the name of the metro station that is nearby the Athens Gate hotel?

Thank you.

It is the Acropoli station (Red line, also called #2 line), shown below along with the hotel:

image.thumb.png.570846188ac87cbf3f509b4881d7becd.png

It looks like my estimate was slightly off from memory -- it's more like two blocks but they are not large (city) blocks.

Edited by cruisemom42

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 1:29 AM, Podie said:

I've been to Athens several times and my favorite hotel is Attalos. Very inexpensive (double room with balcony and breakfast is $125), great location, wonderful staff, newly remodeled, and a beautiful rooftop bar to watch the Acropolis light up at night.

Took your recommendation and booked this hotel!  We need two rooms so I didn't want to pay the extra that the Athens Gate was charging but both look like great hotels.

2 minutes ago, camella said:

Took your recommendation and booked this hotel!  We need two rooms so I didn't want to pay the extra that the Athens Gate was charging but both look like great hotels.

It has never disappointed me in at least 8 stays.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LADinCT said:

Has anyone stayed in the Coco-Mat?

It is a new hotel. I booked it for our stay in August. It is next door to the really nice Hera hotel where I have stayed a couple of times. The building was being renovated 3 years ago last time we were at the Hera. It is in a great location. I liked the idea of the rooftop pool in August.

BTW, Coco-Mat is a mattress brand that is going into the hotel business.

Edited by marazul
  • Thanks 1