Grand Voyage with usual Aurea etc package

Bobal

We really enjoyed our Grand Voyage from Venice to Durban last year and were considering doing the reverse trip in 2021. We had the Aurea experience on our previous trip and enjoyed the separate sundeck and anytime dining. However, on looking at future trips it seems that the various experiences are not available, even though the more expensive cabins still have the label 'Aurea'. Does anyone have experience of this? Would it mean that those perks would not be applicable and all sundecks are open and there is no such thing as anytime dining on the voyage.

Thanks

I was enquiring about that particular cruise and asked the MSC rep if the Easy drinks package was included for Aurea as MSC doesn't operate the 'Experiences' with their inclusions on South Africa sailings.  I was assured that the drinks package would be included, but I have a feeling that I read something about a repo from Sth Africa on here where things were done a lot differently.  Unfortunately I can't find the review of the sailing.

29 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I was enquiring about that particular cruise and asked the MSC rep if the Easy drinks package was included for Aurea as MSC doesn't operate the 'Experiences' with their inclusions on South Africa sailings.  I was assured that the drinks package would be included, but I have a feeling that I read something about a repo from Sth Africa on here where things were done a lot differently.  Unfortunately I can't find the review of the sailing.

Thanks Bea, I'll have a search around and see if I can find anything. We loved that itinerary and would happily do it again, but not without the Aurea package.

26 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Thanks Bea, I'll have a search around and see if I can find anything. We loved that itinerary and would happily do it again, but not without the Aurea package.

Absolutely - same here!  We've also done the Venice-Durban itinerary and would love to do the return one.  I don't trust MSC to give me the correct information on a repo leaving from Sth Africa.  They don't sell drinks packages on their ships in that region (we did a 4-night Durban-Durban as a B2B) so I would be highly suspect that Easy is included for Aurea.  IIRC, we did have MyChoice on the 4 night cruise, being in a Fantastica suite on a Lirica-class ship for that one (we were in Aurea for the repo).

Edited by Beamafar