A thanksgiving on the Rhapsody

nivek82

Here are a few thoughts on our cruise that has one day left. 

Ship is still in great condition. 

Crew is getting used to US sailings. 

Elevators to the VCL don’t work. Only one worked most of the cruise and the other appears to be broken today. 

The ship might as well have a Suite lounge not a CL as D+ can’t access the CL. Kumar does keep the VCL open for D+ and P but only walks out at 430 to talk to anyone. You can tell he only cares about suite guests. 

The loyalty ambassador doesn’t care about anyone. We didn’t get any notice of any tours and she pawned us off to the CL host who as I’ve already noticed only cates about his suite guests. 

The captain is a hoot but is only here for a week. Captain James sounds like someone’s uncle and from how he’s made announcements maybe from the liberty. Still a hoot to hear. 

Got a MTD seating and for the first time I think we were given an assistant waiter as a waiter. Always wears the assistant clothes and say she he cleans the dining room overnight. He’s been ok but a few nights we have had to skip desert as it has taken too long. 

I guess if your a normal passenger not a bad ship. If your looking for anyone to care about your status unless your pinnacle this isn’t the place for you. I’m still happy I choose this as we had to go this week because of a kid in school and the reduced number of kids compared to Harmony or Symphony  is good but still not sure if this is the ship for us. 

• Thanks 1

Please ignore this question if it is too much trouble. I have searched online with no consistent answer and called Royal Caribbean and they did not know. We will be on Rhapsody over Christmas, Western Caribbean. I am trying to find out if there are formal nights, smart casual, and casual, or just two of the three. Also, how many of each and what it looks like practically. Hope you enjoyed your vacation!!

2 minutes ago, Disneylove2 said:

Please ignore this question if it is too much trouble. I have searched online with no consistent answer and called Royal Caribbean and they did not know. We will be on Rhapsody over Christmas, Western Caribbean. I am trying to find out if there are formal nights, smart casual, and casual, or just two of the three. Also, how many of each and what it looks like practically. Hope you enjoyed your vacation!!

Royal's guideline:  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/formal-dress-code-guideline

You may find more info on the RCI App if it covers Rhapsody.

By the way, there is little difference between Smart Casual and Casual anymore. 

Hi,

We have been on Rhapsody since Barcelona Nov. 9th.  What a difference between the crossing & Thanksgiving week.  There were over 480 kids - mainly families & large groups on board.  Thank goodness this week back to near normal with only bout 85 kids.  The crew was working very hard looking after these groups.  And yes, think there is some new crew learning the ropes.  Watched them literally running in the MDR.  The elevators are now fixed.  50 Pinnacles on board.  But the "P's" seem to be hanging in the D Lounge mainly coz the Concierge is now Alan.  He is good.  Captain Toni is back.  Mary (Loyalty Amb.) is leaving next week for vacation.   We liked that she did spend time in the Lounge & was always smiling/friendly.   In fact, the big plus about Rhapsody to us is that all the officers/crew seem to go that extra mile.  Agree, ship is still looking great.  Xmas tree just went up today!!

Cheers,

NJ 

• Like 1