QM2 Vegetable Carving

AspirationalFlyer

We have some German friends of the family and they always make a gingerbread house for  Christmas. The children used to decorate it. A Christmas tradition for them.

Whilst I don't go to the vegetable or ice carving sessions, it's fun to see the end results decorating tables in the buffet or occasionally, tables near or in the restaurant.

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

I'm afraid my reaction to this is the same as my reaction to the gingerbread villages which will no doubt be appearing shortly. Why? Or rather, why, why, why?😀

Hello, 
Do you mean why attend whilst onboard, why post on this forum or perhaps both? 

1 hour ago, AspirationalFlyer said:

Hello, 
Do you mean why attend whilst onboard, why post on this forum or perhaps both? 

No, I really meant why do it at all. I would rather the talented and hardworking chefs were preparing food to eat, rather than doing weird things with the stuff.😀 But I'm sure it's harmless if people enjoy it. It just seems weird.

• Like 1

I do get your point exlondoner but I have to say that it gets a nice turnout and the chefs seemed to enjoy the opportunity to get out and shine. Of course my wife takes your same point of view when it comes to the Super Bowl and the World Cup "why, why. why, it's just grown men playing with balls". 

45 minutes ago, Jack E Dawson said:

I do get your point exlondoner but I have to say that it gets a nice turnout and the chefs seemed to enjoy the opportunity to get out and shine. Of course my wife takes your same point of view when it comes to the Super Bowl and the World Cup "why, why. why, it's just grown men playing with balls". 

This is horribly true: I feel exactly the same about football and rugby. Which is why I said veg carving was harmless and enjoyable fun....for some.

But weird.😀