Regal Review: November 10, 2019 Sailing

nbsjcruiser

48 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

No, didn't bring them back but I think the Crab Shack was later in the week. The day after St Maarten maybe?

That's when they held it in Jan. -The night of St Martin. That was also a casual evening. 

The week after it was a day earlier. Both times it was on casual evening.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

That's when they held it in Jan. -The night of St Martin. That was also a casual evening. 

The week after it was a day earlier. Both times it was on casual evening.

Yes, I think you're right now that I think of it. The night of St Maarten not the day after because that would be formal night.

2 hours ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Yes, I think you're right now that I think of it. The night of St Maarten not the day after because that would be formal night.

I've never ate at the Crab Shack but as I recall it's never on a formal night.

Thanks for the review; we're on Regal soon.     

We are just off Anthem of the Seas and people had their bluetooth thingies too but fortunately didn't run on their balcony for long.  One person was on a public pool deck but not many people were around them.   I agree--you may like your music, but I may not, so please use headphones.   

Is there still a Seafood buffet night on Princess?  (haven't been on them since 2011)

On 12/1/2019 at 3:14 PM, philv said:

Nice review. We will be doing this cruise in March. I haven't been on the Regal. Was the Promenade an issue for you?

On 12/1/2019 at 7:52 PM, philv said:

On the Grand class ships they have a continuous promenade around the ship for walking. On the Royal class they do not. Many people considered this a negative. I guess this is not on your radar scope. I'm interested in what other people might think.

We've sailed on the Royal several times and I do miss the Promenade, esp. on sea days.  We've done 28 cruises on the older Princess ships, both in the Caribbean and TAs.  I always enjoyed sitting on the promenade when weather permitted--something very calming about watching the sea and one might even see a sea creature <g>. [note:  on the older ships we always booked an OV so no balcony].  And there were always folks doing their laps (where do they do them on the Royal/Regal? on that little deck on a high deck with no protection from wind/sun?).  On our Royal cruise in the Caribbean I did find a similar experience aft of the buffet--plenty of seats, etc.  But you're far above the water so it's not quite the same.