Celebrity App and Verizon phone settings

WeLuv2Cruz13

Does the Celebrity app allow you to keep in contact with others on the ship if you don't purchase the wifi plan.  I was on another line last year and their app allowed you to contact the person and also do dinner reservations.

Also, can't recall what I set my Verizon phone to in order to not get charged for calls on the ship when I use just the app.

Thanks.

The Celebrity app does have a feature where you can send messages to another person. Would it doesn’t have is a ping feature so the other person doesn’t know that you have sent them a message until they decide to look to see if there are messages waiting for them.

You do not need to sign up for the Wi-Fi in order to use the app.

Keep from having horrendous roaming and data charges put your phone in airplane mode and then manually turn wifi back on.

10 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The Celebrity app does have a feature where you can send messages to another person. Would it doesn’t have is a ping feature so the other person doesn’t know that you have sent them a message until they decide to look to see if there are messages waiting for them.

I believe that is fixed on the current Android version, but still a problem on iOS at the moment.