good better best - a Swiss-European ranking

notamermaid

We know all these rankings, awards, etc. that come out every year. In the end, personal taste and enjoyment are what matter. But for those interested here is an article with a comparison and ranking of river cruise ships both in Europe and the World. Published in Spring by the "Handelszeitung" in Switzerland it is all in German. Some things will be clear, others might need a good try by google. If something sounds wonky, just ask and I will try to help.

https://www.handelszeitung.ch/unternehmen/kreuzfahrt-auf-dem-fluss-die-50-besten-schiffe

This is how they came up with the ranking, copied from the text so you might find it easier to have it translated: "So wurde bewertet: Das Flusskreuzfahrten-Ranking der «Handelszeitung» basiert auf einer Umfrage bei 36 Branchenprofis, auf den aktuellen Wertungen relevanter Fachpublikationen und Testportalen sowie auf den Borderfahrungen des Reiseexperten Claus Schweitzer. Höchstwert pro Bewertungskategorie: 10 Punkte; maximale Punktzahl: 60."

Two things struck me: 1. No Viking ship is listed among the top 25 in Europe, although they have the largest fleet. 2. Crystal comes out almost top as regards overall quality but the value for money is right down at only 3, for the basic fact that the experts regard the cruises as over prized.

notamermaid

• Like 1

Thank you for posting this.  When I clicked on the link, Google Translate popped up and asked if I wanted English or German,  so I had no difficulty reading the article.