MSC compared to Princess, etc?

astro2001

Hi.  My family is considering a 7 night Mediterranean cruise and MSC has some options.  However, we have only traveled on Princess, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Disney .

Just wondering about opinion and how MSC compares to these? Thanks!

10 minutes ago, mnocket said:

IMHO MSC most closely resembles Carnival.

I’d say MSC is one notch above Carnival, and about at par with Royal Caribbean.

But opinions will vary greatly depending on what ship and experience you have booked. Yacht Club on a brand new MSC ship will most likely be superior to anything on Princess. 

4 hours ago, astro2001 said:

Hi.  My family is considering a 7 night Mediterranean cruise and MSC has some options.  However, we have only traveled on Princess, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and Disney .

We have also sailed on Princess, Royal, Carnival and Disney. We sailed on the MSC Meraviglia in the Mediterranean and selected an Aurea Duplex Suite. It was one of the best cruises I’ve ever taken in my 35+ years of cruising. My kids (currently 7 and 10 years old) loved MSC’s kids program, even more than Disney.

MSC - it stands for 'Mediterranean Shipping Company' the clue is in the name - Mediterranean - it is not an American product - its vibe is European and specifically Southern European - I had a wonderful 11 night cruise on MSC last year and I've booked for a 29 night cruise next year - go with an open mind - go expecting to enjoy it and you'll have a great time on MSC.