Virgins technology team is subpar

garymfreedman

So for those on the April 10th sailing, if you noticed, when you click on the link to go to the APP to pick your port choices, it took you to Facebook.  *****?  Many people had to be sleeping at the wheel for that to happen. Attached is the qr code Virgin had posted- Just scan it with your phone camera, and go to the website--They must be in some kind of colusion with Facebook. 

So their solution was to just take everything down, so you can't make any port choices.  It's not like they did not have enough time to test everything out. I hope the technology on the ship works better than their web tech.

salor qr.jpg

The cruise industry is renown for its poor IT offerings.  I have no idea why since most travel industry reservation sites do an excellent job.  However, complaints about cruise line web sites are common throughout these boards.

33 minutes ago, mnocket said:

The cruise industry is renown for its poor IT offerings.  I have no idea why since most travel industry reservation sites do an excellent job.  However, complaints about cruise line web sites are common throughout these boards.

'Truer words were never spoke'! But really, weren't we expecting more from Virgin?😕

On 12/14/2019 at 12:51 PM, mnocket said:

Probably the worst web site in the travel industry is Trip Advisor.   Too hard to find anything there.  Really awful.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:26 AM, wwcruisers said:

'Truer words were never spoke'! But really, weren't we expecting more from Virgin?😕

Not better results, necessarily. But certainly the error message should be a hip purplish color instead of red, and perhaps have a groovy graphic to go with it!

• Haha 1

I was hoping for better, but not surprised (which is a sad thing to say).

I just received an email touring Mediterranean cruises in April of 2021, but those cruises are not available to see on the website; April 2021 consists only of Caribbean outing, nothing at all on the Med at any time. They sent me an ad for something they're not sellilng at the moment, and that's... sloppy. 

• 2 weeks later...

As a programmer for the company I work for, I can tell you that the people writing the site scripts probably have never tried to  book a cruise, so they design what they think would be cool and amazing, using standard techniques and layouts, rather than creating a site that is functional and then adding the bling afterward.

Edited by TimmH
Spelling
  • Like 2